• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

* ANNUAL COPPER CREEK RIDE AND BBQ APRIL 13, 2013 *

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
Well it is that time of year again to start planning the Annual Copper Creek Ride and BBQ up to the bowls outside Lincoln, MT.

Mark your calendars for April 13, 2013. Copper Creek parking lot, ride from 9:00 or whenever you get there till about 4:30 or so. BBQ at 5:30 back at the parking lot.

You can either bring a dish or donate towards the burgers, etc…. If you are bringing a dish, let us know what you are bringing, so we do not duplicate stuff. We also need a head count of who is coming.

Last year we had over 80 people and we had an awesome time.

Hoping the local dealers will make it again with some 2014 sleds to ride.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I think the last time I came to the BBQ was 2 years ago...but didn't make it last year.

Looking forward to it again if we don't have a sporting event that weekend.

COP-OUT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
LEWISTOWN,MONTANA
SNOBBQ

Can we move the date to a little later in the month. My grandson is going to be 1 years old and of course I'm going to be the. Problem is he lives in Texas.
Thanks Pam for getting thing started for the SNOWBBQ

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
This weekend is not the greatest for us either but it works for almost everyone. Sean will be on his two weeks on in Alaska, so I will need help BBQ'ing, etc.... I don't know if we will do one later or not. Snow levels are not the greatest and I am hoping we can ride from the parking lot on April 6; any later and probably not. Sean and I will be in Canada and Alaska riding and visiting relatives the two weekends before this. As usual, the date never works for everyone.

Hope to see you this weekend at Kings.

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
WOW, first time I have had more replies on Facebook than here.

Who is going to bring an additional BBQ and I need two men to BBQ.

Who is up for the challenge?

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
was up there today.....snow is pretty pittyful down low. already some sections of dirt past snowbank and past the big drift. even the drift isnt very big. snow up high in the bowls was decent though

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
the parking lot but there is already quite a bit of gravel showing. no crazy lengths just patches up to 300yds by the bridge and patches already showing just before and after the big drift

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
Is there someone willing to plow?

I am thinking with the warm weather that we are not going to be able to ride from the parking lot. It would be great if someone could plow as far as possible.

I am really swamped this week and will not have a chance to drive up there and check it out.

Or we can just wing it and make some good use of our 4WD. Either way, I will probably need a lift from the parking lot as I have to bring the trailer for the BBQ, tables, etc....

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
I think the last time I came to the BBQ was 2 years ago...but didn't make it last year.

Looking forward to it again if we don't have a sporting event that weekend.

It looks like the HM Turbo Days at Lolo Pass is classified as a ''sporting event'' LOL......

Ken.....................

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
It looks like the HM Turbo Days at Lolo Pass is classified as a ''sporting event'' LOL......

Ken.....................

Well, "we" don't have a volleyball tourney this weekend, but I AM going too stay closer to home.

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
First time since we started this, but we are postponing.

50% chance of rain and we can drive up to Red Creek with about 2 miles of spotty snow beyond that.

It is suppose to rain and snow this coming week. The drift is small and will most likely be driveable by next week. Weather forecast is great for next week, so we are moving it to next Saturday April 13.

R

rockin rmk

Oct 27, 2002
Great Falls MT
Went up today. Dug out the big drift and the one after that. Made it to the next bridge. There is a big drift on the corner 3-4 feet deep and solid ice. Bring spud bars and shovels. Have to ride gravel until you get to the green pine trees along the road. rained down low where we parked and snowed up high a little bit. Had a few minutes of sun to do a little climbing.

M

mtnryder

Jan 25, 2010
Great Falls/Cabin in Lincoln
Started raining hard in Lincoln yesterday at 4 pm. Then turned to wet and very heavy snow after an hour and snowed really hard until about 9 pm. Left about 2 to 3 inches at the cabin down Hi Sign Road. Snotel says 5 inches in the bowls yesteday but none at lower copper camp. Lower must not be working. Nice layer of ice under the snow!! 19 degrees and windy this morning.

R

rilesman5

Jan 21, 2009
MT
Sunday was epic. New snow and ended up getting about 3 and a half hours of sweet Sunshine too. Plus we were the only ones up there. But the road after the drifted corner was nothing but mud forever! Definitely worth it though.

COP-OUT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
LEWISTOWN,MONTANA
Pam;

Ron here aka COP-OUT what do you need as far as the BBQ is concerned.I,ll be back for Texas on Wednesday afternoon. I'll be in Billings if we need anything there,
Thanks Ron
PS i don't have one of those fancy phones with a computer built in so send me an email and
i'll check it tonight.

u-

Premium Features