• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

An Honest/Unpaid Review of 2022 Polaris Matrix Slash Boost Turbo RMK Khaos Snowmobile

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

We don't get paid to snowmobile. We ride sleds because they are fun! The dealer got the new sleds in today March 5th, 2021 so Grant and I went to have a look.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Hahaha what a couple of morons they had no idea what they were looking at or talking about most of the time.

The belt will be that tight now because the new clutch has a idler bearing, that's why it didn't squeal when the guy started it. The sks has always had the front cooler the assault never has. Didn't know half of what the stuff was on the sled.

D
Dec 15, 2020
I have the 2021 Switchback Assault Matryx that is almost exactly like these RMK's. I abused it this winter in trees, powder, trails and Mountains and I assure you those things they pointed out that were going to possibly break or tear are just fine.. jeez a couple Karens doing that review.. lol

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Except the brake resivior has aluminum towers on 2 sides to support the plastic part on matryx rmk.
Isn't it very similar to the cat reservoir?
I haven't had any problems but there are quite a few broken out there. Tki makes a guard. Probably make one for the matryx.

Sent it

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Isn't it very similar to the cat reservoir?
I haven't had any problems but there are quite a few broken out there. Tki makes a guard. Probably make one for the matryx.

Sent it

TKI and ZRP apparently already make them for that master cylinder. (It’s identical to the cat but different lever)

The skidoo one has zero protection. (And now brp sells an accessory ?)

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
That was funny .. My assault switchback is almost the same sled.as a RMK
I have the 2021 Switchback Assault Matryx that is almost exactly like these RMK's. I abused it this winter in trees, powder, trails and Mountains and I assure you those things they pointed out that were going to possibly break or tear are just fine.. jeez a couple Karens doing that review.. lol

Except it's a torsion spring skid . Trail Seat . Way different Chassis . Different belts pipes , air box , tank . Spindles have tons of Caster and are short with fixed spacers Boards are part of the tunnel . . . The switches on bars has to go too . . It was a sweet trail sled till 15 then they tried to sell the name not what everyone was already riding.

Premium Features