• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha with Attitude

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
picture.php
picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Just a few pics of my Alpha that I built with Altitude Power Sports. So far we have done the SSI titanium can, SSI Y-pipe, SSI clutching, BDX running boards and front bumper, Backwoods BMP rear bumper, BDX chaincase cover and the billet BDX front end. We did a full wrap with gloss black to cover up all the matte black. Sled looks great and works even better.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Looks great! For the first time yesterday I got the bog from burying the exhaust exit in the snow, heavy wet spring snow. Never had it in the pow tho. Do you have the buried exhaust bog it’s that can. How loud is it?

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
Looks great! For the first time yesterday I got the bog from burying the exhaust exit in the snow, heavy wet spring snow. Never had it in the pow tho. Do you have the buried exhaust bog it’s that can. How loud is it?

I’ve never had a bog with this setup. The titanium can has a nice rumble, it is not loud.

J
Feb 24, 2019
picture.php
picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Just a few pics of my Alpha that I built with Altitude Power Sports. So far we have done the SSI titanium can, SSI Y-pipe, SSI clutching, BDX running boards and front bumper, Backwoods BMP rear bumper, BDX chaincase cover and the billet BDX front end. We did a full wrap with gloss black to cover up all the matte black. Sled looks great and works even better.

I want info on your snow flap????

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
his seem to be all nice and bevelled trimmmed

I dunno - maybe he'll chime in. maybe it's trimmed a little to go around the tail light. Other than that , looks like maybe 4 screws and boom it's done. I have a few of those bottoms lying in the shop as I always cut them off!

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Take the stock flap off and put one off a Polaris axys are pro rmk. It fits like a glove.

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
I dunno - maybe he'll chime in. maybe it's trimmed a little to go around the tail light. Other than that , looks like maybe 4 screws and boom it's done. I have a few of those bottoms lying in the shop as I always cut them off!

Yes it’s just the junk stock flap cut and trimmed to fit. We call it the Alpha Expert flap. Never had any trouble overheating with it last trip we had 28 km of groomed trail and never went over 125F. With scratchers down.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Take the stock flap off and put one off a Polaris axys are pro rmk. It fits like a glove.

Don't get the 3 inch track flap. It has a scoop and doesn't work. The alpha tunnel is way shorter than a polaris. The replacement cat flaps aren't as hard as the original that I broke off. They must have screwed up on the durometer on the original ones.

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
picture.php
[/IMG]

Seeing I already had the BDX front end which raised the front end 3/4” I thought I should finish the job and raise the back of the sled also. I didn’t want to drill another hole in the tunnel to drop the skid so I went another route. Was more work but I think it will prove to be a better way. Going to do some more testing before I give away to many secrets but so far happy with the results. Will try to get a stock Alpha and another pic comparing this set up.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
looks like a longer limiter strap and lower rear hole was used.
didn't know the box front end was 3/4" higher. thanks might look into that.

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
looks like a longer limiter strap and lower rear hole was used.
didn't know the box front end was 3/4" higher. thanks might look into that.

Correct on the longer limiter strap, but you only gain 3/8” of height with the strap. To get another 1/2” of height you need to relocate the shock mount.
picture.php
[/IMG]

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Correct on the longer limiter strap, but you only gain 3/8” of height with the strap. To get another 1/2” of height you need to relocate the shock mount.
picture.php
[/IMG]
Looks like you made the shock more up and down to make it taller? Couple potential issue that could come from this. First is the shock will act stiffer because it will be going through its stroke faster. And second the shock could bottom out before the rail bumpers causing mount breaking. Just couple things to watch

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Premium Features