• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha Silber turbo

N
Oct 15, 2018
Anybody know if the new flash is for the 18s too or just the 19s? I have the older high idle map and it runs damn good with the Cycles and Sleds clutching and BOV, would just like to get rid of the high idle and sometimes it dies when going into reverse.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
I have the most current flash and do not have any real big gripes with it. It could be a hair cleaner on the bottom but mine does not bog. Waiting for some on snow reports before I’d change mine.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
I have the most current flash and do not have any real big gripes with it. It could be a hair cleaner on the bottom but mine does not bog. Waiting for some on snow reports before I’d change mine.

The most current flash as of 2/12/19? If it was the one before that and you know how a properly tuned turbo can run, you’d have gripes.

F
Nov 5, 2017
Nevada
take it to the dealer... its covered at this point.

They'd really appreciate the turbo on it I'm sure... Plus there's no warranty after a year. It's clearly an issue when the engine is hot ish, but think it has to do with the turbo program as well.

I would stop putting it in reverse.

And why the smart-ass comments don't put it in reverse?
You suggesting that I drag it off the deck?

Everyone complaining about the tune not being right with a hesitation which is still rideable. I bring up a legit problem that I'm having, and get stupid replies.
The engine dies out... I guess I can make engine noises, bounce around on the sled, and pretend to be backing up.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
They'd really appreciate the turbo on it I'm sure... Plus there's no warranty after a year. It's clearly an issue when the engine is hot ish, but think it has to do with the turbo program as well.

And why the smart-ass comments don't put it in reverse?
You suggesting that I drag it off the deck?

Everyone complaining about the tune not being right with a hesitation which is still rideable. I bring up a legit problem that I'm having, and get stupid replies.
The engine dies out... I guess I can make engine noises, bounce around on the sled, and pretend to be backing up.

The symptoms you describe were an issue with the initial flash release on the 19’s as well. When was the last update you got or when did the issue start? What rpm does your sled idle at when warm?

F
Nov 5, 2017
Nevada
10-19-2018 is when it was flashed. But it runs good, always had the hot engine stall out in reverse.
Idle is about 2300 after a pull, then drops to normal in a minute

I do have the reflash cable too.

89815 if anybody needs to use it. I'll charge nothing, but accept titty pics of ex's.

Last edited:
W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
10-19-2018 is when it was flashed.

I do have the reflash cable too.

If you have the cable, I would flash it first before anything else. That is the rough timeframe of when the 19 tune came out and had similar issues. Or ask if you can go back to the 18 flash since yours is an 18.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Wanted to say that myself many times, thank you!

Man if it runs better then now great. I just don’t have the bog y’all are talking about. I’ve had plenty of my buddies ride mine & one guy has 17 axys turbo that runs strong, no hicccups, they all love my silber turboed alpha. I’ll pay attention to what cycles n sleds has to say about the new flash, but I’d have a hard time reflashing cause it works so damn well. Yeah this is my first turbo and I’m super impressed, there might be other setups that work better. Silber has been great at answering any questions and reflashing the first round. Thanks to all the guys who have shared info bad or good about setups. 700 miles on her and she rips.

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
On my 18, after the 10 mile Road back to the truck will die out if I put it in reverse.

Ideas?

Have you talked to Silber about this? I know there was a reverse problem on one of the early tunes this season. A reflash May cure your problem.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Preliminary feedback is that we should wait for yet another tune. It is better on the bottom end but the on off throttle suffers a little bit. They are going to ride again and let me know. But as of right now I’m going to keep what I’ve got.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
This is becoming beyond frustrating. If the 850 kits of Poo and Doo are running so well, why are they not spending time getting the Cat kit cleaned up?

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Guys that have turned the boost up to 8-9 psi are you running 50%av/50%91? Also does anyone have a baseline idea of what 1 turn on the wastegate actuator rod is worth as far as psi? Thinking of turning mine up a bit it’s at 6 and runs real well, but I’m interested in more lol.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Guys that have turned the boost up to 8-9 psi are you running 50%av/50%91? Also does anyone have a baseline idea of what 1 turn on the wastegate actuator rod is worth as far as psi? Thinking of turning mine up a bit it’s at 6 and runs real well, but I’m interested in more lol.

I don't think 50av/50-91 will get you there at 8-9. You can try, but i needed more.
New tune isn't any better than the previous one. Pretty lame of silber to let this go on this long.

Premium Features