• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha needs AIR in the pow!

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Thanks @Octanee.
Truth is, where i live and the wet heavy snow i ride in, that crappy seal on the 19 is most likely sufficient. U should see the 18's, u can literally stick ur finger inside the gap.
Now that i know this is an issue, i will have to seal it. Peeps that ride inland dry snow should absolutely seal asap.

Sent it

Crazy how bad these sleds are with the intake sealing.

I don't ride too much fluffy powder, Winters have been somewhat off here, but I sure can tell you when there's even a foot of some fluff and your turning or carving/side hilling where snow is getting thrown up, it found its way inside of them screens, last ride it was good after sealing it. I do wonder about there it slides into the circular seals that makes for the upper to lower airbox portion, BUT I'm sure that it's OK.

I just looked at My sled and will be buying 2 frogskin 2inch Id circular vents to place here in each side. Figure it's a good spot, protected and the plastic fairing will help deflect snow in the deeper powder which may help if there was a point it may restrict.

20200312_185745.jpg

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Snow in the intake while riding in the back of my truck. Super dry fluffy snow.
c7174dbf98b65f096a1dd1e681358ce7.jpg

Sent it

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I may try this option. The Pro-Tectair (second link) fits in either the stock air intake OR the Promax Induction intake (first link).

I am thinking about trying both of these items together. In addition to adding 4-5 horsepower and saving several pounds of weight, the Protectair would be a second line of defense against any snow dust that may make it through the Promax Intake.

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
Ordered a protectair yesterday I was told by my supplier they will have stock on Thursday. I also picked up some frogskinz to put behind the bumper in the sides of the airbox.

R
Dec 20, 2017
Won’t it lean out the engine putting more frog skins on the sled for more intake air. I agree when the deep days come it’s hard to keep the intake free and added vents might be a bonus but on the other days that it’s not over the hood will it lean out the sled?

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Ordered a protectair yesterday I was told by my supplier they will have stock on Thursday. I also picked up some frogskinz to put behind the bumper in the sides of the airbox.

I was told today by the end of the month from BDX...I kept my order in as time is good as long as it doesn't stem into next month at this time.

I might have to cancel my order and do the mountain fit defender again
I looked at those but don't like the outerwears vs. frog skinz

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Mine arrived as well yesterday!

It came in huge box with the Promax induction system (lightweight replacement air intake) linked above! I will seal that new intake up just like the stock one, since they both come from identical molds.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I also seen on their website that they BDX changed from black frog Skinz to white- According to their video- it was for to tell when the screens got dirty and needed replacement or cleaning.. Alot of oil still get in the system- it was a mess inside.

Premium Features