• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha MTNTK vs Silber vs Force vs Boondocker

C
Apr 12, 2009
Lehi, UT
Looking at putting a kit on my '19 alpha and not sure which one. I live in UT so I would like a close dealer and a kit that can be ridden in the trees instead of a hill-climbing machine.

What's everyone's experience? The only kit I have ridden with was a Silber and it had low end bog issues. Here is my thoughts right now but they are all pretty even

Boondocker Sidekick
Force
Silber
MTNTK

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
FWIW I have a 19 MC and put a turbo on it at the start of the season. pulled it off and put it back to stock mid Jan. The weight of the turbo and how it's placed in the chassis just took all the fun out of the front end. It was more like riding a 4s turbo and by lunch I was beat! It worked out on a deep day I had a buddy I was riding with and he has the same sled I do without the turbo. After going back and forth it was a no brainer to pull the turbo off.
not a direct answer to the question but food for thought.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Put a Silber on my alpha and had a blast all year, I honestly thought it was easier to ride then any stocker with the turbo power. Idk if it was the combination of the ease of getting around on the monorail or the extra power but I was way less beat then riding my xm. So cool to hit jumps on the mountain with 200hp. Hillclimbs are insane! Turbos forever now!

C
Apr 12, 2009
Lehi, UT
I typically don’t turbo because I like the challenge of keeping up with my turbo buddy’s but there were quite a few days last year where I wanted that little extra.

Did you have the silber bog and what elevation did you ride?

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
"I typically don’t turbo because I like the challenge of keeping up with my turbo buddy’s but there were quite a few days last year where I wanted that little extra.

Did you have the silber bog and what elevation did you ride?"

Yes I did have the bog and was on a silber we ride 7-9K. on boost love the set up. not wasting a who season for them to get their sheet in a bucket was not on my list. I ride 1200 to 2000 Miles a year and at 600 miles it was time to cut it free.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
"I typically don’t turbo because I like the challenge of keeping up with my turbo buddy’s but there were quite a few days last year where I wanted that little extra.

Did you have the silber bog and what elevation did you ride?"

Yes I did have the bog and was on a silber we ride 7-9K. on boost love the set up. not wasting a whole season for them to get their sheet in a bucket was not on my list. I ride 1200 to 2000 Miles a year and at 600 miles it was time to cut it free.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
I typically don’t turbo because I like the challenge of keeping up with my turbo buddy’s but there were quite a few days last year where I wanted that little extra.

Did you have the silber bog and what elevation did you ride?

No bad bog for me, very slight turbo lag yes, once used to how the engine & turbo work I had zero issues or complaints, Mines actually very crisp. I have a couple of videos on my fb page Jim Beck jr. check em out if ya want, a few starts in different depths of pow with no bog. Very impressed with both the alpha and silber turbo. 8500’+.

J
Mar 8, 2019
If you’re in Utah I’d get in contact with cycles and sleds in Logan. They seem to have the sibler kit figured out for the cats. I snow checked a kit with them this spring as soon as it arrives I will be dropping it off. They offer custom clutching and install a bov with a boost controller if that interests you. I rode with a 19 alpha with a sibler all last season it ran flawlessly.

Last edited:
H
Jun 17, 2016
Norway
I would recommend force, theirs kit is the best out on the market! They have secondary injectors which allow you to get more fuel to engine and more boost. Of course to much boost will make DET if you dont use 100ll or racefuel or change to a low head compression top. Me and my brother have the force kit and its ripping! We are riding at sea level, my brother has 7.5 psi and i have 6.2 psi. I did want boondocker, but they dont have secondary injectors

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I absolutely love the Mtntk kit on my axys. I have dealt with shawn quite a bit and there customer service is second to none. Mtntk all the way in my opinion.

D
Mar 9, 2014
Layton, Ut
I went with the Cycles n Sleds Silber Kit for my 2020 this year. After going and talking with Collin and Luke then watching all their videos their Alphas flat rip. We ride 100% trees steep and deep and this is their set up. Buy the kit from them at a discount then get their kit which is clutching BOV and gauges with external boost adjust.

J
Mar 8, 2019
I went with the Cycles n Sleds Silber Kit for my 2020 this year. After going and talking with Collin and Luke then watching all their videos their Alphas flat rip. We ride 100% trees steep and deep and this is their set up. Buy the kit from them at a discount then get their kit which is clutching BOV and gauges with external boost adjust.
Have you dropped yours off yet? I’m picking mine up tomorrow and hopefully running it up there next week. They just did there bov, clutching and elevate kit on my buddies 19. I’m excited they seem to do great work.

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
You will not be disappointed with Cycle and sled turbo Alpha setup Cin and Luke have them dialed in. They took my alpha with silver from good to perfect last season and the customer service is the best in the business. It don't matter what brand you ride they have all brands dialed and ripping all my buddy's run poo and doo with silbers the cycles did and very satisfied.

Premium Features