• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha elevate reviews

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
Any real reviews on the elevate on the Alpha? Worth the money? Handling pros and cons. Not interested in the twin rail elevate reviews.
Thanks

snosurfer

Premium Member
Oct 30, 2008
I put a Elevate kit on my 154 Alpha last year have 4 long rides on it now, put 500 miles on sled before the change. Definitely looks wicked to say the least, really brings the front end up in the pow, super easy to handle makes it even more effortless to carve and buttonhook. Still sidehills great seem to climb on the snow even faster, haven't felt any negative characteristics maybe a little more tippy on trail but not sure on that.My buddy just got a new 2020 alpha 154 and we both rode together in same conditions, 3 feet of bottomless pow, and we both agree the front end comes up more and plows less on the elevate kit, there is definitely a noticeable difference between the stock and elevate kit and we both like the kit better. That
being said is it worth the money? I believe so, I would do it again, I'm no stranger to cat mods, had a heavily mod M7 and 2012 proclimb did everything to it to make it like a 15 most of the mods were a waste of money for the performance you gained but I really like this kit. On another note the alpha is the most fun and effortless sled I've every ridden and I've rode the new Doo's and Poo"s great sleds, but the alpha is just to fun you can ride all day and not get tired . Hope this helps with your decision.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Call Michelle at twin pine motorsports she will save you money on the elevate kit

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
I really feel like the Alpha (and cats in general) benefit from some extra height. They sit low compared to the Summit and RMK in the bellypan and at the running boards. I noticed it a lot a couple weeks ago in some very wet snow that the other sleds were moving through it better going from a stop where I was more prone to get hung up. Elevate is definitely on my wishlist.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The 17+ mtn cats are lower in the rear than the 14-17 cats. With the elevate on my Alpha, its almost as tall as my 14 in the back

Sent it

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
@snowsurfer thank you for the quality feedback!

As for those curious on pricing.

Alpha One kits are $1095 USD
Twin rail Elevate kits are $1795 USD

@powwow Current delivery dates on orders placed is the first week of January, not febuary. Also for those curious we do have some large production runs in motion and these should be readily available come the end of January.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Parked my elevated Alpha next to an Axys and a Doo 850 on the trail Saturday. The doo looked stuck it sat so low compared to the others lol. I am excited to get some real ride time on mine this week. Even in two pretty weak rides I can tell it is an improvement but will provide a full review when I have put it to the test in real conditions.

M
Sep 13, 2019
What about the strength of the iceage spindles compared to stock? As I have bendt several oem ones

Skickat från min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

Cinno

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Stillwater,Mn
I haven't driven an elevated alpha yet but I can offer my experience when I switched to a 2016 Axis which was elevated from the previous years Pro's. The good thing was the chassis got thru the snow much better but the negative effect was a decrease in control and stability. I think above average riders can take advantage of the elevate mod but for me (old with less abilities) it would not be worth it as I need as much control as possible.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I feel the elevate on the Alpha actually gives you more stability and control. Kinda hard to think that since its higher than stock, but it just works. And I had both a pro and axys as well.

Premium Features