• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha cutting down lugs

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Curious how fast everyone, that is having track problems, is going down the trail. I think that is the durability problem. Too fast and transfering heat through the clips and into rods and lugs. I always go 40 or less and never had trouble with any 3 inch. Maybe I'm lucky but I've never won anything so that can't be. I've kindof come to grips that im a loser. Way ahead of everyone that think they're a winner.
With my Alpha i cruised 40-50mph and always hit 70mph on the straight away at least once per ride.

The straightaway is ~1/8mi.

Broke quite a few of the fiberglass rods (half the distance from the rail to the side of the track)riding hard snow jeep ruts. Couldn't get off the road for 4miles as there was nothing but rocks and stumps.

Tore a couple paddles on logs and broke one of the center rods out hitting a stump on a landing.

The track is way tougher than i expected.
My only concern is lack of clips on the paddles. That part of the track wears out and wears the hyfax quicker than any other sled I've owned.

Sent it

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Curious how fast everyone, that is having track problems, is going down the trail. I think that is the durability problem. Too fast and transfering heat through the clips and into rods and lugs. I always go 40 or less and never had trouble with any 3 inch. Maybe I'm lucky but I've never won anything so that can't be. I've kindof come to grips that im a loser. Way ahead of everyone that think they're a winner.

They have toned it down to around 35mph and no problems,

Premium Features