• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aggressively seeking upgrade kit #2876986

Status
Not open for further replies.
T
Feb 15, 2018
This is just a shot in the dark - this factory kit has been discontinued.

I have searched several places here in Maine and a couple in NH trying to find this factory bumper upgrade kit in overstock somewhere.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, there's some old-timey polaris repair shop in backwoods nowhere that's got this box collecting dust under some old hoods out back that someone will remember they have... but I'm also realistic haha

This kit replaces the 05/06 (and more years too I think) IQ front plastics (Fenders, nosepan and bumper) up to the 2009 style, which is narrower and uses a metal bumper instead of a plastic one.

I originally found this factory kit on another snowest forum thread:
https://www.snowest.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-116460.html

All of the actual parts and their factory numbers are listed by a user named Rhodesie, 9 or so posts down the thread.

The fenders and nosepan ARE still available from my local shop via special order... for around 250 each, new.

Does ANYONE know where I can find this kit still? The individual pieces are all still available, but just the two fenders and nosepan together are about 200 more than the kit that includes everything.

I have been searching junkyards for the three main plastic pieces in hopes of finding a parts machine somewhere to buy these off from, but so far have had no luck.

I intend to put an aftermarket front bumper on, so I'm really not too concerned about the factory bumper.

If anyone in the community has any insight, suggestions or maybe even their local parts guy that might have what I need, their name and number would be great!

T
Feb 15, 2018
Thank you very much for the advice. I had read in a few forums that I would need to change the airbox

I've a little concern as I have intentions to install the skinz front bumper on this machine, but I've read that there may be a conflict with the aftermarket airboxes when upgrading the bumper.

Will the Fire N Ice airbox still work with the Skinz front bumper?

T
Feb 15, 2018
Wow, so I didn't realize I was not going to be able to find one of these boxes on ebay. Even though they were sold as recently as 4 years ago!

I'm wondering, is there any reason why I can't do a mod like this?

Just make an attachment and bend a piece of aluminum for heat shield and put a cone filter on?

05engine3.jpg

T
Feb 15, 2018
out1.jpg

parts2.jpg

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
That cone filter system is not ideal as it will be sucking hot underhood air all the time.

I have SLP power valves (or whatever they are called) in my IQ intake box so when the factory screens plug it will open and let in underhood air. I can hear when this happens and power is always decreased but at least it still propels the sled.

T
Feb 15, 2018
That cone filter system is not ideal as it will be sucking hot underhood air all the time.

I have SLP power valves (or whatever they are called) in my IQ intake box so when the factory screens plug it will open and let in underhood air. I can hear when this happens and power is always decreased but at least it still propels the sled.

Very good info sir, thank you!

I figured this beast was hot under the hood, but didn't realize she got THAT hot. I have also seen a couple places where folks have used aluminum 3"ish tubing to send the intake up to the cowl and made a cutout and had an external cone filter. - but this wasn't on the same make/model sled. I guess I just assumed it was some 4-stroke job.

Is there something special about the dimensions or shape of the FNI or factory (or any other box for that matter) that basically giving direct feed of air to the throttle bodies would not work? Does the air need to... compress? inside a specially shaped air box?

I only ask due to my own ignorance. I know on my 2002 Jeep TJ, the factory box was a rectangle and used a similarly shaped filter yet my cold air intake swap out really just changed the intake from a box with a corrugated plastic pipe to the throttlebody to an aluminum tube with no corrugation and a cone filter.

Does the sled being 2-stroke change this intake dynamic?

If I install a straight 3"ish alum tube from the 'collector' in front of the TB's, to up by the top of the console with a cone filter sticking out... would that work just as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features