• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket flash or not?

Buz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver, Wa
Been modifying sleds for the past 30 years. Last (3) sleds no modifications and been very happy until Cat screw the pooch with the new flash update. Now trying to decide to do the aftermarket flash or leave as is. If I'm going to spend $350-400 on a stupid flash, I'm almost to the point of doing another turbo. Thoughts what are guys doing? ride the hell out it or flash??

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Good question. Liking Frwd to the responses

otist

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Happy with the silber flash, still want more but much stronger midrange then the original factory map

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I have a 19 mt cat I have the silber flash on it and it runs nice. even picked up 3 g in the primary.
Now this said I would do it or the precision efi flash on the 18 or 19 but the 20 is a new animal and I will just put a D and D 2* key in it for 20.00 and just wait until the 20 gets more time with the tuners.

L
Nov 25, 2018
Thinking about doing the silber flash as well, but will require clutching along w/tune, so roughly $700. My 19 has the high idle issue after the arctic cat reflash and want that fixed and I don't want to drop $3K on a turbo.

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com
NO MORE SENDING ECU's THROUGH THE MAIL! Flash you ECU with your PC!

IF you have any questions I am a developer for Torque Link

We have a Torque Link flash cable that you can buy that will come with Stock tune, Stock Performance tune and all the Bikeman Stage tunes. Bikeman will be selling them for $650. The system will work on Polaris 850, CTEC 800, Doo 850.

We have also developed a tuning option where customers adjust there tunes. (recommended for skilled tuners only)

Here are some videos-

How to flash cat will be the same software-

Intro to the tuning software-

torque link logo YR.jpg

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Can you performance tune the ecu to your specified programming and then just go in and only add more oil consumption? These things sip oil. I had the silber reflash on my 18 and it ran way harder and clean. But Ive still been adding oil to the gas tank for extra insurance...

Last edited:

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Can you performance tune the ecu to your specified programming and then just go in and only add more oil consumption? These things sip oil. I had the silber reflash on my 18 and it ran way harder and clean. But Ive still been adding oil to the gas tank for extra insurance...

Thats a great question and my concern and issue with my ctec as well, I'd like to see it downward to an "overall" of 35-40:1, I sware its 55-:1 or leaner when I get home at the end of the day.

Joey, with the torque link can we SAVE the stock tune? so if we needed to we can re-flash to stock and drop it off at a dealer? and for that $650 anyway to increase the oil injection?

Also do the tunes run richer like than stock or? seems like all the new stock ones run so darn lean It's amazing they can run at all with out a melt down. But I could be wrong, I haven't put a O2 on one so I'm just curious lol

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Will cat void warranty if any of these reflash have been installed, and removed at one time?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I avg 62:1 oil last season.
The most i used was 57:1...
I would be fine with 50:1 with this engine design. Don't need to be 30:1 like the zuke.

We now have Silber, Precision efi and BMP for flashing the ECM.

Do they all increase the oiler?

Sent it

badaltitude

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2010
north dakota
I run Ktm 2 stroke mx bikes (carbureted) and run 50:1...but Ktm recommends 60:1 from the factory. Modern oil, modern coatings, better material and tolerances all add up to less needed oil. I’m happy with it sipping oil.

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Same here with oil consumption, I have a stock 18 mountian cat without the dealer flash done yet and Im running 60:1 so i have been adding 1 oz of oil per gallon to fuel !

Im still debating on getting the flash done by dealer because its run perfect since day 1 and warranty is up in december anyway!

R
Feb 26, 2008
I run Ktm 2 stroke mx bikes (carbureted) and run 50:1...but Ktm recommends 60:1 from the factory. Modern oil, modern coatings, better material and tolerances all add up to less needed oil. I’m happy with it sipping oil.

Very little load, less hp per liter, very little time at wfo= not relevant

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com

Yes we can change the oil ratio and you with the tuning software can also!

badaltitude

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2010
north dakota
Very little load, less hp per liter, very little time at wfo= not relevant

lots of time at wide open. Lots of load especially in sand. Much more heat/higher engine temp. Very relevant. Also, new boat motors run at a very low oil consumption rate and are always at a high load and steady high rpm. You all can do what you like but I don’t see an issue. Plus like I said modern oils have a lot to do with it. An ounce of good oil is better than 2-3oz of lesser quality. And remember, when adding oil to the gas, that changes your fuel %. More oil=less gas=leaner running engine.

R
Feb 26, 2008
A 12 pound tire or a 50 pound track? Go push your sled around the parking and see which has less load. A etec outboard doesnt turn over 6k rpm.

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com
lots of time at wide open. Lots of load especially in sand. Much more heat/higher engine temp. Very relevant. Also, new boat motors run at a very low oil consumption rate and are always at a high load and steady high rpm. You all can do what you like but I don’t see an issue. Plus like I said modern oils have a lot to do with it. An ounce of good oil is better than 2-3oz of lesser quality. And remember, when adding oil to the gas, that changes your fuel %. More oil=less gas=leaner running engine.

Great thing about adding oil electronically is the AFR is unchanged.

Premium Features