• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Advice on purchasing appreciated

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
My 2cents.
The M6000, either of the skidoos all seem like solid deals from a reliability standpoint.
The tundra will excel at hauling gear but is virtually useless anywhere you’re likely to have to ride in powder and powder turn or side hill. I rode one and it likes being on both skis and is heavy as sht. You wouldn’t want to have to get it unstuck by yourself. Trust me.
Good to admit you’re a beginner but that shouldn’t scare you off of a 800. 600s are the sweet spot between power and weight and have enough power to do whatever you’re planning. But they almost cost more than 800s and 800s are also easy to resale because that’s what the majority of mountain riders want. If you get a 800, pretend it’s a 6 and stay off the whiskey throttle.
Make sure any sled you get has ice scratchers and use them. Will help immensely with cooling and trail riding.
Another option. If you find a cherry condition low mile M7 or M8 (09 or newer), buy it. We pulled our kids all over the mountains in a Sno coach with a 05 M7. Stock gearing even. Never burned belts or overheated.
Id highly recommend staying away from a utility sled like the tundra unless you’re always on trail or flat ground.
Good luck in your search.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks everyone who replied I really appreciate it! Well...I bought a 2016 artic cat m6000 sno pro. I k now it's not a sought after deal but it was a good low mile well taken care of machine of a family friend so I bought it. I think it will be a good first sled and hopefully I can learn enough to enjoy it and pass it down to my wife in a couple seasons if theres no catastrophic failures. I bought my wife a brand new artic cat blast m4 as well. She has never ridden and I've only rented before so its gonna be a steep learning curve and maybe a bit of danger but were going to take it slow and easy untill we feel comfortable then well send it lol. So yeah...iam crapping my pants all giddy to get going! Iam going to start another thread for a must have list for riding gear. Merry Christmas to everyone and happy riding! Charlie

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
No it's not a typo. Like I said this poor man lost his son last year in a snowmobile avalanche. He just wants them gone because hes broken hearted and cant snowmobile with his sons memory. Very sad really. I feel like a heal even thinking about somehow profiting off him. It gets worse . I told him I wasnt ready for a 800, which isnt a lie and he offered me the 2020 tundra with 41 miles and a trailer for 8k. I think I'll buy the tundra out of respect for his offer. I lost a daughter to a motorcycle accident and that shi@ never heals. Iam just a beginner and I have two other daughters so maybe just cruising along is a start. Just wish they werent so gigantic feeling. Analysis paralysis is setting in and taking a little fun out of it lol!! Thanks for replying I do really appreciate guys knowing what they are talking about.
Buy them now all of it if you can afford them. A 600 for 4500 bucks will always be worth half that if it runs.

Premium Features