• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adrenaline GTX or Radium GTX???

B
Jan 26, 2008
After being cheap for a few years and buying boots that I thought might work good and every day coming home with wet feet I have finaly decided to spend the money and buy some KLIM boots as well as all new gear this year. I cant buy both I have to make a decision on one of them so can I hear from those of you who own them what you think I should do.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
If you want or need the extra support and stiff feel, go with the radium. I believe both are great for staying dry and warm. I use the radium. The stiff feel took a little getting used to, but I'll never use a soft or flexible boot again. They're also very comfortable in my opinion.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I've got 2 seasons on my Adrenaline's and love them, good support, but not cumbersomely stiff... always warm and dry, definitely worth the money... and that goes for the socks too:D:D:D

A

All4traction

Nov 26, 2007
Grande Prairie
I went boot shopping today and was lookin to buy a pair of HMK's. I ended up comin home with the new Klim adrenaline gtx. I used to wear snowboard boots and loved em, so I was lookin at the HMK's and Klim Radium for the same kind of stiffness and style.

The Radium was nice and stiff, averagly comfortable, but pretty bulky and huge.

The HMK was comfortable, not too large, and having NO laces was nice! I was convinced.

Then I tried the new Adrenaline; as soon as i laced them up, I was sold. They are Very comfortable, but still stiff enough to give ankle support. They are a nice sized boot, and not bulky.

I think you have to try a few different boots on and see how you like them. I think in the end all three boots I tried on would perform similar and be just as warm and dry, but I went with the most comfortable ones that still had a lot of support.

Last edited:
C
Oct 28, 2008
Pleasant Grove, UT
the adrenaline boot is a cheaper and lighter boot, which is great. but i have the radium boots. last year i wrecked going 85-90mph when my ski came off the sled. my ankle was jacked!!! but if i didnt have those stiffer boots, i garantee my ankle and my leg would have been broken and put me out for the whole season. I GUIDE DOING SNOWMOBILE TOURS, I WEAR THEM EVERYDAY IN THE WINTER WEATHER ITS TOURING OR FREERIDING. THEY ARE STILL IN GREAT SHAPE. AND HAVE NEVER LEAKED. IM SOLD ON THEM!!!:D

B

Boondock

Oct 4, 2001
Colorado
www.snowest.com
I have the GTX they are awesome boots. A little big and for sure heavy but they have great support! If your running board is pretty narrow go Adrenaline IMO

D
Oct 13, 2008
Had my adrenalines for 3 years. Best boot out there IMO. Feet stay warm and dry and we ride in sub zero weather from time to time. Replaced them this year only because they were getting worn from the hex head screws I added to the running boards. Well worth what ever they cost.

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Love my Adrenalines, only time my feet got wet was when water seeped in over the top. After Two season the soles are starting to get chewed up, but thats from me kicking the crap out of my running boards.

J
Dec 24, 2007
I like my adrenaline boots, they are warm and I stay dry. I step in the water and slush all the time ice fishin. They do have good support also.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
I was leaning toward the Radium last year until I tried a pair of both on. I was VERY impressed with the support of the Adrenaline considering it's narrower profile and more hunting boot style. I've destroyed my ankles over the years, (2 ligament tears and a break on my right and 3 ligament tears on the left) and I have yet to twist or roll one my ankles with them. I just kept thinking heavy sweating on the Radiums and then cold wet feet. I also ONLY wear them for riding as the keep thier support and not break them in any more than needed. I have other boots for working in the garage or hunting.

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
No doubts. Adrenaline GTX for sure! Best boot I have ever tried. Super comfy and always keeps your feet warm, without being wet. Strongly recommend them.

//Rob

Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB
I have the old Adrenalines and worn them right out. Busted lace eyelets and fabric worn off, not even close to waterproof anymore. And I bought 2010 ones to replace.

If you think about it though I had them for 3 years ~15 rides a year so I wore these boots for ~45-55 days. Not very long for them to be as worn out as they are....

Premium Features