• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Accuweather 2020-2021 SNOW OUTLOOK

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Bear Lake is just tucked in there, I'll take that!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Yeah, Island Park is right in the middle. Double edged sword, great conditions, but undoubtedly , another wave of tourist crashing my once sleepy little town, this summer here was the worst EVER. Don't expect any snow reports from me this winter, will just encourage more poachers....

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Yeah, Island Park is right in the middle. Double edged sword, great conditions, but undoubtedly , another wave of tourist crashing my once sleepy little town, this summer here was the worst EVER. Don't expect any snow reports from me this winter, will just encourage more poachers....
Bear Lake was packed all summer. I'd complain but it was a boon for my business. Yes, IP is well known for its sledding, luckily Bear Lake isn't so shhhhh lol

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

It’s just our lot in life. Most of the tourists really do tend to stay on or near the trails though, leaving plenty for the locals.

And WE are always here so when the big dump comes, we can jump on it instantly

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
we spend a fair amount of weekends up in the Island Park area, wish we could find a place to rent through the winter. My wife saw one on facebook but it went away pretty quick.

We looked at buying a cabin but holy cow right now people are pretty damn proud of everything for sale, I also was a bit disappointed about all the commercialization with the big hotel being built, as well as the fleet of cabins going in across from robins roost. I really hate to see it happen.

Though we are again going to spend a weekend up there at the end of the month, looking forward to 3 dollar margaritas on friday though. And I hope to get a piece of cheesecake from boondocks if they are open.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
we spend a fair amount of weekends up in the Island Park area, wish we could find a place to rent through the winter. My wife saw one on facebook but it went away pretty quick.

We looked at buying a cabin but holy cow right now people are pretty damn proud of everything for sale, I also was a bit disappointed about all the commercialization with the big hotel being built, as well as the fleet of cabins going in across from robins roost. I really hate to see it happen.

Though we are again going to spend a weekend up there at the end of the month, looking forward to 3 dollar margaritas on friday though. And I hope to get a piece of cheesecake from boondocks if they are open.

Lets face it, the word got out about IP many long years ago.
Like you, I would LOVE to buy property and a cabin up there, but the economics are a BEAR. There is a very finite amount of land, and it goes for a freaking premium.
My wife and I were looking at 1 acre lots asking $75,000 for bare dirt.

To be honest I am surprised at how UNdeveloped IP is.
All things considered, I wouldn't think there would be any open land left up there.
I think the rebuilding of Mac's Inn is LOOOOOOOOONG over due.
That place was SO RUN DOWN.

For anyone in this group, that wasn't aware of the TOTAL REMODEL of Mac's Inn.

hqdefault[1].jpg

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
My father bought 6 acres on Bills island in the early 80s, he built a really nice cabin on 1 acre, and left the others empty so he wouldnt have any neighbors . it was nice having a place to go to growing up, although he would lock it up in the winter. I have alot of great memories of the place, my kids had a lot of fun going up there and going into Yellowstone every other weekend. It eventually got to busy and crowded, he sold it all and bought a beautiful house on the Kenai river in Alaska. He spends 7-8 months in AK and winters in St George. Rough life....

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Yeah Bills Island, 75K wouldn't buy you the curb to a lot these days. One of my neighbors sold a qtr. acre lot with a 16X30 converted trailer home for over 200K cash buyer

Premium Features