• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Abs canister refill

B
Dec 30, 2011
I'm new to the airbag world. I just bought a bag with a empty canister. Is snowbigdeal my only option to get a refill. Thanks for any help

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
ABS Nitrogen filled canisters and pull handles need to be exchanged for new ready to go canisters / handles each time as far as I know. If you have a ABS try googleing exchange locations. Wellers in Kamas exchanges them. The BCA canisters are refillable with air at most scuba shops and a handful of ski shops. Some REI's refill the BCA air canisters.

F

FUAC

Oct 12, 2009
www.utahavalanchecenter.org
The UAC had a bunch of expired ABS cylinders and triggers last year. I tried activating them out of curiosity, thinking that even an under-pressure cylinder would be good for boy scout demos. 7 out of 7 pyrotechnic triggers failed to activate. Please be diligent about replacing expired triggers!

WhiskeyTee

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2013
Utah
Motofrugals in Orem does ABS exchanges i think. I know I bought a backup canister and trigger from them last season

Premium Features