• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

about time we as free citzens take our rights back

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S
Nov 13, 2008
Northern Utah
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. (10th Amendment)

Montana has passed a state law that forbids regulation by the federal government of any firearms manufactured in Montana and remain in Montana. They will be using 10th Amendment rights, i.e., states rights to do this. "It's a gun bill, but it's another way of demonstrating the sovereignty of the state of Montana," said Democratic Gov. Brian Schweitzer, who signed the bill. "Firearms are inextricably linked to the history and culture of Montana, and I'd like to support that," said Montana state Rep. Joel Boniek, the bill's sponsor. "But I want to point out that the issue here is not about firearms. It's about state rights."

Alaska is on board with similar measures. The Alaska Firearms Freedom Act, will apply to firearms built, sold and kept in Alaska. The bill is both a measure to allow manufacture of guns and a statement that Alaska intends to reclaim some of its rights. (http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2009/04/07/alaska-house-passes-hjr27-for-state-sovereignty/) They will be using 10th Amendment rights, i.e., states rights to do this.

Utah is about to pass a state law that in essence says that the State of Utah will not obey any federal firearms laws. They will in effect be invoking the Second Amendment as intended by the founders. They will be using 10th Amendment rights, i.e., states rights to do this. Here's a comment from the forum at The Salt Lake Tribue concerning this issue. It hits the spot. (http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_12276753)

"There are currently twenty States looking at Sovereignty from the USA. And it sounds like we [Utah] are one more! Awesome!!!
Poor liberals, what are you going to do? ;) "

Texas is compiling a law similar to both of these. In addition Texas will be asserting its right as a Republic to exist as an Independent State. (Secession coming?) "Texas Gov. Rick Perry Backs Resolution - Tired of Federal Government Trying to Tell Us How to Run Texas " Perry continued: "Millions of Texans are tired of Washington, DC trying to come down here to tell us how to run Texas."
http://www.freedomslighthouse.com/2009/04/texas-gov-rick-perry-backs-resolution.html They will be using 10th Amendment rights, i.e., states rights to do this.

Oklahoma had passed a sovereignty resolution that was later vetoed by Gov. Brad Henry, a Democrat. Mr. Henry said in a written statement that he had objected to the resolution’s suggestion that Oklahoma should return federal tax dollars and “that past and present U.S. leaders had violated the U.S. Constitution and committed crimes against the states.” The Oklahoma Legislature is expected to pass a new, less-strident measure that would not require the governor’s signature. They will be using 10th Amendment rights, i.e., states rights to do this.

Idaho, North Dakota and South Dakota are separating from the federal government via the 10th amendmant.

Several other states are in the process of doing the same.

In essence these states are taking power away from the Federal government.

It is expected that this issue will quickly be in the Supreme Court. It is also predicted that 5 of 4 judges will vote for states rights. Some predict 6 out of 3 will vote for states rights.

This will take all of Congress' and Obama's power to regulate interstate commerce.

We will be returning to they way the founders saw the nation. A weak federal government and strong states.

However, not all states will do this. There eventually will be a struggle which will without a doubt will end in another separation of the states, those with rights and those controlled by a weak federal government. War will result.

UPDATED ON April 21, 2009
If you support the Second Amendment,
Then join the National Rifle Association NRA today
at https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp

BONUS OFFER CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
Currently the NRA is offering 2 year memberships for
only $25.00. That's two years for only $25.00. Go to
http://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/ . You have the choice
of selecting one of two options; 1. A trial membership,
or 2. Two years of regular membership for only $25.00.
Click on "I want to join NRA at a special low rate....".
This is an exceptional offer!!!

Regular annual membership is $35 and includes a
subscription to a NRA magazine of your choice.

Get the latest NRA news as related to your right-to-keep
and-bear-arms at http://www.nra.org/

Free citizens do not ask permission to bear arms.

On Feb. 25, 2009 Eric Holder, Obama's Atty. General,
announced a planned assault on the Second
Amendment and on the Constitutionally guaranteed
rights of U.S. citizens.

It is rumored that members of the Obama administration
are planning this assault by using the plight in Mexico
as an excuse to ban semiautomatic rifles. There is also
current legislation in Congress that will , if passed,
require registration of certain firearms if not all firearms.
Under current federal law this registration scheme, for
certain firearms, is illegal. Their plan may be to repeal
this protective law.

P
Nov 26, 2007
Wish it could happen, but I think it would come to an armed war. How would utah or other western states get out of the union. the US govt ownes 50-90% of the land in all western states. The largest landowner is the feds. Currently the fed would probably let the western states out of the union for some issues, guns, and other personal freedom issues. However when it comes right to it they would still insist that they own the land, minerals, parks etc and would still insist on environmental control. OH by the way they would still want our federal income tax money.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Wish it could happen, but I think it would come to an armed war. How would utah or other western states get out of the union. the US govt ownes 50-90% of the land in all western states. The largest landowner is the feds. Currently the fed would probably let the western states out of the union for some issues, guns, and other personal freedom issues. However when it comes right to it they would still insist that they own the land, minerals, parks etc and would still insist on environmental control. OH by the way they would still want our federal income tax money.

Actually, the Federal Government doesn't OWN any land at all.
They are mandated to "manage" the land.
The land is owned by the citizens of the United States of America and if a state were to break away, any land within that state would go also.

As for the armed civil war.
Ok, I'm ready.

S
Oct 15, 2008
Bozeman-MT
actually, the federal government doesn't own any land at all.
They are mandated to "manage" the land.
The land is owned by the citizens of the united states of america and if a state were to break away, any land within that state would go also.

As for the armed civil war.
Ok, i'm ready.

x2 :d

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
If you are checking title of lands at the court house. the owner is "united states of America" They own it.

no, United States of America is US, not the government.
They are the Government of the United States of America.

We, the people, own the land. It's ours.

Premium Features