• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A arms to convert '19 Freeride to 36"? Expert the same or different?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I bought a 19 freeride and I'm going to basically turn it into an expert with a bunch of other changes.
I'm not sure if the expert is the same as a summit or if something is different?
The track and skid are going by by, but I need to know what's required to narrow the front end.
Currently it has some high end custom socks built for hill climb. I was told it cost 2k just to rework them.

E
Sep 12, 2008
N 45°31', W 94°14'
2020 SKI-DOO SUMMIT X WITH EXPERT PACKAGE
• Spring-order only • 850 E-Tec • Designed with input from backcountry riders Carl Kuster and Tony Jenkins • Features everything the Summit X has, with these upgrades: • Shortened tunnel. It’s essentially the tunnel from a 146-inch track Summit on the Expert 154, and the tunnel from a 154- inch track Summit on the Expert 165. • Minimalist lightweight snow flap. • Kashima-coated KYB HPG Plus front shocks • KYB HPG Plus center shock • KYB Pro 36 EA compression-adjustable rear shock • Lightweight coil shock springs have fewer coils • New expert-level stiffer shock valving • New lightweight spindle with updated bottom profile • New ski rubber, designed to keep the ski flatter on the snow surface in rough terrain for improved sidehill control • New FORTY7C lightweight mountain seat. Developed with Carl Kuster, the seat has a lower profile, shorter length and narrower shape • New handlebar with smaller-diameter grip. The handlebar ends have been machined down 2mm to accept a new grip for reduced arm pump and greater ergonomic comfort • New 4.7-inch bar riser block • New low handlebar strap with more flexible material • New flexible hand guards, protection for the brake reservoir • Factory external limiter strap adjuster with two settings for quick adjustments • Adjustable limiter strap • Updated profile running boards • Two unique color ways: Ultimate Black / Orange and Lava red / White • New drive belt with new PBO material and design • SHOT available • Sea-level calibration available • Two track options: • 154x3 • 165x3 2

hope this helps.. Google is your friend for finding stuff.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
None of the 2019 sleds came with the adjustable limiter. The 2020 Experts did. (As posted.) None of the Freerides have it, to current. The front end is the same as the Summit. No need to narrow. The old actual race Freerides were wide, but that was done away with years ago. If you have a hillblimb sled, it may have been widened, but stock they are the same as a Summit.

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
The spindle center to center is 40".
What's an expert?
I looked a up a 2020 and it only shows a europe expert and list a 42" a arm. ?
Since it was a hill climb freeride I'm sure it had the 3-38 front end not the S-36. Sell everything off the front and throw a ZRP billet front end on there with the lift spindle and get some shocks to match it.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Since it was a hill climb freeride I'm sure it had the 3-38 front end not the S-36. Sell everything off the front and throw a ZRP billet front end on there with the lift spindle and get some shocks to match it.
It measures 40" center of spindle to center? Is that called a 38?

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
Spindle center to center on my 21 summit SP is 35.5'' (measuring just above where the ski rubber is). You definitely do not have the summit front end on it......

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Running 40" shocks wouldn't I risk bottoming the shock to soon?

You should contact Dan at Alternative Impact. His high clearance arms are awesome. You can get narrow stance. For the shocks, you would have to have them shortened. I believe the exact shock length in 17.6, I just got a new set of Fox Lightweight coils and the booklet says exact shock length for Summit Gen4 w/ 36” wide front end.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
You should contact Dan at Alternative Impact. His high clearance arms are awesome. You can get narrow stance. For the shocks, you would have to have them shortened. I believe the exact shock length in 17.6, I just got a new set of Fox Lightweight coils and the booklet says exact shock length for Summit Gen4 w/ 36” wide front end.
The shocks are the same length on the 38 or 40 whatever you want to call it.. They did this so the front end would sit lower and handle the trail better (its used on the crossover sleds) If you look at a backcountry next to a summit, you'll notice how much steeper of an angle the summit a-arms sit at compared to the backcountry a-arms.

However, you cannot run factory summit shocks on a backcountry front end. they will bottom too soon. but you can run the backcountry shocks on a summit front end, they have long enough stroke.

Ski-doo Curved A-arms

^^ That's the cheapest route I've found.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
These freeride shock where reworked and cost $2000 for hill climb so probably wouldn't be good to modify them.

Tjtwenty

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2016
I also bought a hill climb freeride with the wide a arm setup. I put alternate impact 36" a arms on it and used the same shocks. Has worked perfectly for 2 seasons now

Premium Features