• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A Arms- Stiff?

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I put new bushings in and boy oh boy, the a arm is stiff once I tighten it down. Anybody know if their a arms tight going up/down?

Who torques to 35 vs tight enough the bolt isn’t turning during the arms cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V
Apr 15, 2018
I put new bushings in and boy oh boy, the a arm is stiff once I tighten it down. Anybody know if their a arms tight going up/down?

Who torques to 35 vs tight enough the bolt isn’t turning during the arms cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tight enough is not recommended here, if you can not raise and lower the a arm freely then you have a problem.
two thing come to mind with your problem. The flanges are too wide or you have excessive paint on your a arms.
The axle, you may call sleeve is not protruding the bushings enough, therefore when you torque the bolt to 35 ft lbs which is correct the bushings are binding on the flanges. The whole idea idea is when you tighten the bolt you are Securing the axle to the frame on the s-module.
The arm with the bushing in it swings on the axle with no interference or restriction. Always a good to look at all your options when it comes to suspension parts. Mainway Solutions

Premium Features