• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

A-arm upgrade

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
If the A-Arms are too strong will the mounting points to the body start breaking? Seems like you want the A-Arm to bend before damaging the bulkhead. What is the goldilocks A-Arm for this? Not too strong but not too weak?
Get the strongest ones you can find.

Nobody makes any strong enough to damage the bulkhead from a ski hit.

Encapsulated ball joints mean 100% of failures are arm replacements.

Alt impact arms are weak.

TREX so far have held up great on the sleds I’ve been around.

I just consider them a wear item and keep a full spare set on hand.

Fancy expensive ones seem to fail just as readily as cheap ones.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
If the A-Arms are too strong will the mounting points to the body start breaking? Seems like you want the A-Arm to bend before damaging the bulkhead. What is the goldilocks A-Arm for this? Not too strong but not too weak?
When i was learning to trowel and rake concrete my boss used to say, not too much and not too little. There's a spot in the middle called just right.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Stock with the Arm Candy braces. The braces strengthen the thinnest inner most area of the A-Arms that can fail from just catching a rock with the ski skags. If you still hit something hard the braced arm, it will fail outside the brace. We have not had any reports of bulkheads failing with braces. Failures without the braces also move the arm in enough that shock damage easily occurs. When hitting an object with the braces on, the bend is farther out on the arm so the shock has never been damaged in any of the incidence we have heard about.

Premium Features