• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

9R Maximum Detonation Detected

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
My Khaos 9R 165 throws a "Maximum Detonation Warning" above 7,000 RPM when there is very little load on the engine and barely any throttle, this happens crossing the lake, 4.7 miles, to get to the trail head. The condition requires the engine to be shut down for the warning to reset. The fuel map likely the cause and I don't have the tools or software to modify it.

Any recommendations on who can rewrite the fuel map for the 9R?

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Subscribed... lots of blown plugs and over revving are suspect ingredients along with the code from idahoskiguy.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Dumb question. Does it do the same thing if you add some av gas or race fuel to your tank? IS the fuel you are feeding it as good as you think it is?

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Will be running 50% race fuel on the next ride and see if the condition persists.

Also suspect the high altitude clutch calibration is not loading the engine enough at the elevation of the cabin causing a lean condition. High altitude calibration works fine above 6,000 feet just way to light at the 4,800 foot elevation crossing the lake on the ice or with light snow and a very light load on the engine.

Fuel is from my own storage tank and is 91 non-ethonal purchased from the local provider, and believe it is still good as the e-tec turbo R seems to run just fine on it.

Last edited:

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Do we have any knowledge on whether there are different ECU tunes for high and low elevation from the factory?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Will be running 50% race fuel on the next ride and see if the condition persists.

Also suspect the high altitude clutch calibration is not loading the engine enough at the elevation of the cabin a lean condition. High altitude calibration works fine above 6,000 feet just way to light at the 4,800 foot elevation crossing the lake with light snow and a very light load on the engine.

Fuel is from my own storage tank and is 91 non-ethonal purchased from the local provider, and believe it is still good as the e-tec turbo R seems to run just fine on it.
Running across cascade lake? Mine is fine from the bottom of Anderson creek

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Premium Features