• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

9R Elevated Idle

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I haven't been able to ride my sled yet, but I added a Diamond S can and removed the secondary to clean it and scuff it up a bit and now the sled idles at 1900 - 2000 RPM. I haven't checked to see if the stock exhaust fixes the issue but is there something else that can be causing this? I haven't had a new sled since 2019 and this it the first Polaris but it seems like there is a lot of oil that was sprayed from the Y pipe is this normal for Poos?

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I haven't been able to ride my sled yet, but I added a Diamond S can and removed the secondary to clean it and scuff it up a bit and now the sled idles at 1900 - 2000 RPM. I haven't checked to see if the stock exhaust fixes the issue but is there something else that can be causing this? I haven't had a new sled since 2019 and this it the first Polaris but it seems like there is a lot of oil that was sprayed from the Y pipe is this normal for Poos?
At what engine temp?…. May just be in cold start mode until engine temp comes up.

Oil / fuel are rich when sled is in break-in mode.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Got it up to 149 on the stand. It was still high at 109 when I warmed it up to load it on to the truck. I figured it was due to break-in but it wasn't idling that high with the stock can. After I ride it a bit this weekend I'll see how it reacts.

Premium Features