• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

9R 155

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
dude your interesting,my woman started on an 06 m7 153,she picked up on back country super quick.she don't carry a lot of weight in her hips and thought an alpha would work better for her beings she don't have the weight to her advantage,and yeah she was right and rides the piss outa that thing.she has 2 street bikes,an 03 fat boy and a 19 cvo street glide and also rides the fuq outta them.we are not your typical cvo owners.our bikes never ride in a trailer and don't sit in a garage for talking points,we do multiple bike trips and ride them things everywhere.they get completely filthy.shes always in my rearview mirror and has done multiple 1000+ miles on long days.her bike gets completely loaded down tour pack,bags you name it and has zero issues on any highway keeping up.your thought that women aren't capable to do things like ride a boosted sled or such are asinine!and whatever your view is on "street bike territory",my guess is you aint met a real women,doing real things that "only men can do" I'm guessing your view on street bikes is.....riding around town "looking cool"parked in front of a bar talking big!i do agree with you though,a lot of people with a boosted sled pry don't need them,can't ride them to there full capabilities.its all look at me,listen to me talk about me,you seem to be one of those.its all an image to portray that your really something.your boasting about yourself here, does not seem to be working out for ya!noone seems at all impressed by your look at me mentality.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
dude your interesting,my woman started on an 06 m7 153,she picked up on back country super quick.she don't carry a lot of weight in her hips and thought an alpha would work better for her beings she don't have the weight to her advantage,and yeah she was right and rides the piss outa that thing.she has 2 street bikes,an 03 fat boy and a 19 cvo street glide and also rides the fuq outta them.we are not your typical cvo owners.our bikes never ride in a trailer and don't sit in a garage for talking points,we do multiple bike trips and ride them things everywhere.they get completely filthy.shes always in my rearview mirror and has done multiple 1000+ miles on long days.her bike gets completely loaded down tour pack,bags you name it and has zero issues on any highway keeping up.your thought that women aren't capable to do things like ride a boosted sled or such are asinine!and whatever your view is on "street bike territory",my guess is you aint met a real women,doing real things that "only men can do" I'm guessing your view on street bikes is.....riding around town "looking cool"parked in front of a bar talking big!i do agree with you though,a lot of people with a boosted sled pry don't need them,can't ride them to there full capabilities.its all look at me,listen to me talk about me,you seem to be one of those.its all an image to portray that your really something.your boasting about yourself here, does not seem to be working out for ya!noone seems at all impressed by your look at me mentality.
Too long of a paragraph to read!

P
Dec 15, 2018
I wish will smith would slap my wife. She's such a loud mouth today...
I am personally (since iam on the internet) going to fab up a twin turbo on my punched out and stroked 9r. I mean a 9r is just so small and just one turbo is for pussies.

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
How does it feel pulling on the rope?
My brother put a Cobra cord on his sled and if u don't put a death grip on the handle, it feels like it's going to dislocate ur knuckles.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I have one on my boost and it rattles like crazy. Drives me insane. I put double sided tape around the inside area of the handle to avoid the clatter. Hopefully the design is different since they come that way.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have one on my boost and it rattles like crazy. Drives me insane. I put double sided tape around the inside area of the handle to avoid the clatter. Hopefully the design is different since they come that way.
Glue the rubber piece wrapped around the pull cord handle into the console. (Rtv silicone)

The handle will be held isolated from rattling in the rubber piece much better.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
ill just ask this here, whats with the hillclimb racers having troubles keeping brakes on these sleds, as well as overheating them so bad they take the QD belt out? Does anybody in the backcountry ride hard enough to expeience this? Back in the day all the 700+ polaris' ran coolant through the caliper, would that help?

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
I don't really care if the employees buy a limited edition sled, they're paying for it, they're no different than me. It's the PROCESS though.
For example, my dealer is closed Monday's. Snow check release is Monday, how can I get ahold of him to claim a sled / allocation? Guess I could ask for his private number, but being a business owner,
I know it's nice to have a day off from the office once in a while.

So call 9:02 am Monday to check a 9R, "sorry all boosts and 9R's are gone" Really? In 2 mins? Ok, so clearly the field isn't level. I know of an ex-employee that has a 9R coming etc. Having friends in the right places is great, just doesn't help the regular guy.
And yes, I've bought many sleds / dirt bikes / parts and pieces, gear etc off them, I'm not a
"buy one sled every 7 years" kind of customer.

Make matters worse, my dealership provides Hoyer and Turcotte with their sleds. Super, expect Turcotte took 3 of the allocations on his own.
I get it, he's a paid athlete etc, and he needs the product to perform. But were those sleds of his taken from my dealers original allocations? Or did Factory Polaris add on those sleds for him, and the dealers inventory wasn't touched?

All that being said, looking at $9k Cdn to go from my low mile 850, to a 9R, so I think I'll just add some IceAge Khaos rails and their Fox shock kit, and call it a day. End of day, I was done a favour haha. And it wasn't all loss for my dealer, I checked a 650 PRO RMK off him,
lest anyone think I was too mad at him lol.
I'm guessing you meant Tuesday..I'm surprised dealers that are closed on Mondays don't open for allocation during snow checks. My closest local dealer minus the ****ty one was also closed on Monday. When I called at 9 on Tuesday they were also out of the 155 9R's. A quick call to my other dealer and I was set with 2 though.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
ill just ask this here, whats with the hillclimb racers having troubles keeping brakes on these sleds, as well as overheating them so bad they take the QD belt out? Does anybody in the backcountry ride hard enough to expeience this? Back in the day all the 700+ polaris' ran coolant through the caliper, would that help?
My buddy told me he has seen this quite often. He does ride hard and the group he rides with does too.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
It's faster to keep it pinned and drag the brake if you need to slow down a little than it is to let off the throttle and then spool up the motor and clutches again. Might help bring the front end down a little dragging the brake without letting off and loosing momentum too.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Glue the rubber piece wrapped around the pull cord handle into the console. (Rtv silicone)

The handle will be held isolated from rattling in the rubber piece much better.

I used a couple small rivets to rivet that little piece of rubber to the plastic and no problem here with my cobra cord or handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Yes, sorry I did mean I called Tuesday when they opened.. No biggie, for the less and less I ride sleds, my '19 with 500 mi on it, Raptors all-around, will suffice. Saved me about a $10k upgrade, so bought the wife a 650 Pro RMK instead.
All worked out in the end!

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
It's faster to keep it pinned and drag the brake if you need to slow down a little than it is to let off the throttle and then spool up the motor and clutches again. Might help bring the front end down a little dragging the brake without letting off and loosing momentum too.
makes sense. still looks like something that needs attention to me though. these aint the 800 ho anymore.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
They probably have the ZRP lightened brake rotors which will probably wear out the pads faster. Some guy on YouTube had to replace his fairly early and that seemed to be the cause.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^turcott stopped by there on his way to the races iirc to get the stock disc turned and lightened, remedy of sorts. I think Pulsifier talked about swapping stuff out right on the hill to get his brakes back during training.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
My group has noticed hot brakes, just in the spring time though.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
We’ve found there is no play in the brake leaver on all the Matryx sleds.
A couple were always under pressure, so we ground down the actuator a bit to get relief…. I’m sure this is a contributing factor to premature wear on a lot of sleds.

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
We’ve found there is no play in the brake leaver on all the Matryx sleds.
A couple were always under pressure, so we ground down the actuator a bit to get relief….

I found this as well. I also ground the lever a tad where it contacts the plunger to get a little more travel in lever throw. Feels much better to me.

Premium Features