• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

99 Summit X 670 Center Shock - Unicorn...???

K
Jan 11, 2019
Hello all,

I am in the process of repairing and upgrading all the shocks on my Summit X. I have had the factory HPG T/A rear shock rebuilt and have found HPG T/A's for the front off a 95 MXZ that I believe will be a direct fit. Where I stub my toe is the center shock. I would really like to replace the factory non HPG with an HPG or better yet an HPG T/A but finding one for this application has been a challenge. Even the aftermarket seems to have ignored this application as I have yet to find a new aftermarket shock. An HPG from a 97, 98 or 99 MXZ is the correct length but the mounting eye size is different (too wide) so it won't bolt in. Has anyone else here found a direct fit HPG or successfully modified one that works in the center location on the factory installed skid? I am open to any and all suggestions Thanks!

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
You didn't post what year of summit or the size your looking for, but I have a brand new kimpex Pro Gold on the shelf. 13" cc. 17mm wide eyelets. My failing memory says it was for a late 90's summit 670.

Premium Features