• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

95 XLT compression

B
Dec 3, 2001
No. Utah
My daughters 95 XLT is running good, but a little boggy just off idle. It has just over 4000 miles, I bought it from the original owner so I know the top end has never been done. I checked the compression and all three cylinders are dead on 110 I'm at 4500 feet. Is that still in the safe range? I'd like to get another season out of it and tear it down next summer.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I don't think mine had much more compression than that with almost 6000 miles on it. Sounds like your carbs could use a little adjustment to clean up the bog. Might check the carb boots to make sure they aren't cracked though.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
id start by pulling the carbs, clean em up, pull out the jets see whats in it, spray through the pilots with cleaner/air and confirm they are the right ones, pull the air screws and eveything, blow it all out, check your air screw settings and synchronize the 3 cables that pull the slides up.

Premium Features