• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

95 Indy 500 Carb Boots

K
Oct 21, 2009
95 Indy 500 Motor Swap Question EFI 2 Carbed

:confused:Hello,

I recently purchased a carbed 95 Indy 500 without a motor. I then bought on line a 92 SP 500 engine which was EFI with no fuel rail or intake boots.

Question I have if I purchase the EFI boots for the 92 SP 500 Engine will they work with the 95 carbs? I know that the intake boots for the 95 will not work on the 92 engine because the bolt hole spread is wider on the 92 than the bolt hole spread on the 95 intake mount holes?

Has anyone out ther used an EFI engine to replace a carbed engine or vice versa? And if so what did you do to make the carbs work?

Thanks

Last edited:

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
The Throttle bodies have a much larger throat than the carbs and they wont seal up to the carbs.

I went through a guy in SD, his name is Ray at the Sport Shack, and he knew exactly what I needed and that was a heck of a lot easier than ordering a bunch of different ones to try and find the right deal. 605-787-4813, don't wait till it snows to call cause he gets REALLY busy, I was there yesterday and he had plenty of time to talk.

Dec 30, 2007
Crescent, Iowa
They also built a 500 in 92 that was a carb unit. I bet that those would work. Tried to look online to see if the cylinders on the efi and carbs were the same part numbers. Call a dealer to check part numbers, if they are the same order the boots for a carb 92 Indy 500.

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
I wish it was that easy. Carb boots wont work on EFI and vice versa. Aftermarket has them, but with the dozens of applications it's better to call someone who has done it and knows exactly what it takes.

Premium Features