• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

93 Indy Trail Chaincase cover removal

J
Nov 8, 2019
Trying to remove the chaincase cover. Got all bolts except the one at the very bottom. Who was the engineer for Polaris who decided the placement of that 3/8 bolt?????? Anyone have ideas on the best way to reach that bolt?? Keep in mind this a parts sled - tearing it down completely. My plan is to drill a hole in the side of the compartment large enough to get my socket tool through and reach that bolt.

treetopflyer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Trying to remove the chaincase cover. Got all bolts except the one at the very bottom. Who was the engineer for Polaris who decided the placement of that 3/8 bolt?????? Anyone have ideas on the best way to reach that bolt?? Keep in mind this a parts sled - tearing it down completely. My plan is to drill a hole in the side of the compartment large enough to get my socket tool through and reach that bolt.
Ive drilled holes in the belly pan to get to those bolts that are hard to get at since that chassis came out. i drill them to a size that i can put a rubber plug in . drill away buddy

J
Nov 8, 2019
Ive drilled holes in the belly pan to get to those bolts that are hard to get at since that chassis came out. i drill them to a size that i can put a rubber plug in . drill away buddy
update on this. That bottom "bolt" was in fact the drain plug. It was a metric size 6 HEX. I bought a mechanics mirror to see down in there. I also used a socket over the hex wrench to get enough torque to loosen that little bugger.

Premium Features