• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 Cat...bad throttle response, please help

S

Snowmobile Kid

Nov 26, 2007
Cle Elum, WA
Ran my 900 cat twin for the first time yesterday, seemed to have the carbs set up good, plugs are excelllent color. the motor seems to run a little rough from zero to half throttle then after half throttle it takes off like a rocket and doesnt quit, but getting ther is slow. I will creep up to a hill and then hold it wide open and it takes noticable time for the sled to take off. there is no bogging or anything like that. Would it be my carbs or perhaps clutching? it isa brand new linderman 900 twin with 44 lectron carbs and jaws twins. cat primary with yellow spring and cat secondary with green sno pro sping and 51 helix. any ideas would be great! thanks

P
Nov 26, 2007
Those lectron carbs can be a nasty tune sometimes, but I would check the easy stuff first. Make sure the power valve are clean and adjusted, plugs and plug caps, check the o-rings on the drive clutch to make sure they are their, etc.

Premium Features