• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

90% TPS at WOT ?

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I hated and resisted for a long time. I even had one on my 2015 doo but hated it so much I ran it as thumb throttle for 2 seasons. Finally gave it an honest try. Stuck with it till I got used to it and there’s no going back to thumb.

I almost want to live with 90-95% throttle or whatever I can get with the adjustment and put it back.

The cable fraying issue got sorted out on his second generation design. He extended the housing a bit and if you add the guard that’s a none issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you really are only getting 90%, personally I'd tension the cable more so your idle is a little higher and take the slack off the lower end. It's not inconceivable that the 850s have a slightly different swing at the throttle bodies I guess.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
i put a finger throttle on my teenagers 850, kinda like an evo, ill put the thumb back on when he gets bigger.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I loved loved loved the ergos of the Munster throttle... but it snapped my cable 17 miles into the backcountry (thankfully trail most of that way, whooped out tho) on the second ride with it. Not cool. It came off.

Premium Features