• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

88 phazer 2 help

P
Jan 19, 2020
my sled runs great, BUT... it wants to stall just off idle. when riding, if i stop the sled at a stop sign, it will stall. if I quickly lift the "choke" lever, it saves it and I can take off. If i coax it to idle by feathering the throttle, it will idle fine, but bog when trying to increase rpms to take off. same thing, if i lift the lever, it takes of fine and runs great when at speed. any ideas. the carbs have been cleaned and everything looks fine

K3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Thank you. Carbs are clean. I'll look for and try the air screw. There is a pilot screw right in the top, that's not it is it?
Yes , screw in snug--- back out 2 - 2 - 1/4 FULL rotations pending of course you elevation ??? Make sure BOTH jets are clean------(torch tip cleaners) work best & choke plunger ???? Check (vacuum) & fuel lines carefully also ? !!! Good luck l<>l & KLAN !!!!!

K3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Yes , screw in snug--- back out 2 - 2 - 1/4 FULL rotations pending of course you elevation ??? Make sure BOTH jets are clean------(torch tip cleaners) work best & choke plunger ???? Check (vacuum) & fuel lines carefully also ? !!! Good luck l<>l & KLAN !!!!!
Both jets in EACH carb ?!!!

P
Jan 19, 2020
I screwed the top screw (manual calls it a pilot screw) in until snug. (one full turn). I backed each one out 1 and 1/2 full turns and it runs great and doesn't stall when idling or stopped. I turned each one in 1/4 turn and it still runs perfectly. I'm guessing that screw in cuts down on air while screw out increases air (leaner). I want it to run as rich as possible while still running correctly, right? Running too lean (screw too far our) will run to hot and cause engine failure. Am I right? Thanks for all the input, I'm back running great again without the worry of stalling at stop signs.

Premium Features