• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 with Idaho head?

F

fitler

May 14, 2009
Was wondering how the lower compression is effecting the bottom end performance? Looking at a 850 with sidekick and was curious about any opinion of how they run with the sidekick. My elevation is 3500 to 7000. Thanks

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I've heard good things. I haven't heard that there is a bottom-end deficiency.

CaptNCoke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edgewood, Wa
I’ve got 2 rides on my 2020, put the kit on with zero miles.(sidekick, Idaho head)
1st ride, 32 miles, wasn’t overly impressed. Sled is def in break in mode, rich for sure.
went out yesterday , ran great. Started day at 2.2 hrs on motor, so no more fuel added, just oil up to the 10 hr Mark .still playing with clutching, I ride at 3-5000 ft. Sled pulls just like my 2019 850, that was clutched spot on, but has a lot more fun factor with the boost. I don’t have any bottom end deficiency as others have mentioned.
it’s snappy, pulls hard. I’m running the pump gas tune, but I do add some av gas, right at the 15% mix.
clutching is key in my option. The premium Boondocker kit that I bought with the kit was a good starting point.
it def wasn’t for my altitude, even though it was ordered for a 3-5000’, spring order kit.
once I get thru break in mode, I’ll see how it performs, and tune from there.

Premium Features