• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 turbo dealer warning

S

sledin

Nov 27, 2007
san jose CA
The service manager at my dealer warned me about adding a can etc.Said ski doo is marking bolts and can tell by computer readings if engine was modified,thus voiding warranty for any engine mods. Anyone else hear anything?

Feb 14, 2010
Your service manager is full of ****. they can not tell. and the bolts that have to do with the can are not marked. find another dealer that has a service manager with some knowledge.

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
Your service manager is full of ****. they can not tell. and the bolts that have to do with the can are not marked. find another dealer that has a service manager with some knowledge.
Actually the bolts that pull the pipe from the turbo to the muffler are marked. And you have to take that off to remove the can and put a new one in. I just did it 2 days ago. But you can remark them and put them on. Plus they have no grounds on change the can.

Feb 14, 2010
you did the wrong bolts, you take 2 bolts off from the bottom of the turbo bracket, they are not marked.
lift the turbo up, take the donut off then take the muffler out. takes 5 minutes to do.

Feb 14, 2010
Doesnt make any sense... what about taking the pipe off to install a skidplate? Which is a skidoo accessory
Yes you are right, does not make sense, you do not have to be a service manager to figure that out.
what if you want to service the chain in the chain case? you have to take the muffler out, now you have no warranty? what a joke.

jdrmx

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2013
Eastern SD
I just removed the muffler tonight to remove the secondary shaft! I guess i voided my warranty! I think not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
No it isn’t, if doo really wants to find out they can tell.

Does everyone think doo doesn’t test aftermarket cans?? I seen the service bulletin personally, about the muffler, pipe, ecm changes, flashes and wastegate rod.

At the end of the day, to each his own the stock can works way better and is heavy for a reason.

I
Jul 5, 2001
Its in the ECM.... they can see "pipe pressure" in the history.....
Everything leaves a foot print, as for the turbo pedestal bolts those marks are paint pen marks for noting bolts were torqued on assembly line... but the red or white paste on wastegate rod, yes that is "tamper proof paste" don't mess with that stuff....
Most dealers when connecting to BUDS2 it is remotely connected from BRP unless the dealer can log into it with WiFi turned off ( but I don't think they can on the turbo's )

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Cool.....screenshot the bulletin where it says, "if the can has ever been removed your warranty is void."

Never said removed, There is nothing said about prohibiting the removal of the stock muffler, it says “altercations”to any of the following.
ECM
Turbo connecting rod
Muffler
Throttle position sensor
Map sensor
Tuned pipe.

There is known parts that have seals on them to protect “certain” parts and the integrity of that seal must be maintained to protect the warranty.
I recommend talking to your dealer to identify where these seals are to avoid damaging them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 14, 2010
The turbo is the back pressure in the system, the muffler is what muffles the noise, changing the can
will not change pipe pressure, unless it`s to restrictive, all of the cans have more then 2.5 inch inlet and outlet, pipe pressure is determined from elevation and boost pressure.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Will it????

Your forgetting about muffler temp as well, sensor location, etc.

Regardless, These questions should be directed to the dealer, now they are making people aware that this can void the sleds warranty.

Anyway, Im quite happy to keep my stock muffler, I ran it on my 19 and my 16 and it works Mint!. Its not worth the negatives to running a aftermarket muffler.

Last edited:
Premium Features