• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Turbo Clutching

manitoba_boy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SW Manitoba
Hey Guys,
I tried using the search feature to find what I was looking for but couldn’t come up with what I wanted so I apologize if this has been covered.
Just setting up my khaos 850 with Silber turbo and wondered what your running for clutching on the 850. I plan to run 5# or boost to start and headed to revelstoke so about 6000’ elevation. I have the Indy specialty clutch kit with T3 weights and custom helix. What kind of weight is everyone running if you have a similar setup to this?

Thanks

manitoba_boy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SW Manitoba
Awesome thanks very much, I currently have the T3 weights. I also have the turbo patriot weights I intend to use when I’m at home (1300 feet) as the T3 don’t go heavy enough. May end up trying the T3 heavy for home if the patriot turbo don’t work out.

R
Apr 20, 2015
I just setup my silber kit on a 19 850 axys 163 3” track. At 2200’ at home i put the most weight in possible and wasnt near enough on 7#. I could run 3 # spring at that elevation fine. Went first trip out to mtns and had to take alot of the weight out on the 7# spring. Was running 76.25 grams according to the chart silber sent me and that was at 5800-6000’. Rpm was right around 8300-8350. Ran the springs silber sent me, seemed pretty good to me, had lots of jam. Im sure the khaos would be little different but that gives a guy an idea anyway.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I just setup my silber kit on a 19 850 axys 163 3” track. At 2200’ at home i put the most weight in possible and wasnt near enough on 7#. I could run 3 # spring at that elevation fine. Went first trip out to mtns and had to take alot of the weight out on the 7# spring. Was running 76.25 grams according to the chart silber sent me and that was at 5800-6000’. Rpm was right around 8300-8350. Ran the springs silber sent me, seemed pretty good to me, had lots of jam. Im sure the khaos would be little different but that gives a guy an idea anyway.

Fyi the OP is running indy specialty clutching.

Totally different than the silber clutching you have.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I would start with 78g weight. Do a 3-2-2 or 3-1-2 magnet setup. (Starting at the heel and moving to the tip). That is a guide... not sure if you have the turbo 3 or turbo 3 heavy weights

850 & 800 PIDD Cables
www.cvcustoms.com
Get Some Get There

Which Indy Speciality helix and springs are you running, and what magnet configuration do you like with the turbo 3 heavy weights. I tried several different weights, helix'x and springs last year on my silber 850 and nothing really stood out. Love the zip the turbo 800's have though, my Indy kit with just the turbo 3 weights was awesome on the 800's.

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
I am running the Turbo Extreme Helix with a black/green secondary spring and red primary spring. I would have to look at what configuration I have for weights currently but I start with 2 in the turbo hole(dropped hole) then build evenly in the other two. You may want to aim more towards 72-74 grams. Shoot for 8500 RPM

The heavy weights are the same profile as the original T3 weights just have a little more thickness on the sides . The heavy weights are for the sea level guys running high boost mainly.

850 & 800 PIDD Cables
www.cvcustoms.com
Get Some Get There

Last edited:
Premium Features