• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 sibler turbo or boondocker?

H
Jan 27, 2020
I’ve been going back and forth between a boondocker and sibler turbo for my 850 Polaris. I’ve been riding with a boondocker sidekick and I’m not fully impressed by the kit. It has a bog in lower elevation. (5-6000) does anyone have the sibler turbo? I’ve heard they run great but also heard that about boondocker so I’m sceptical.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
Your question has been posted a number of times. If you do some searching you will find opinions along with pros and cons of these 2 plus other turbo kits.
Ive had a silber on my 17 axys since oct of 2016. Not a single issue. The clutching that it came with didn't work for me. Search TRS for the best set up. Ive tried rooster wts, mds, vohk, Dalton, indy dan turbo 2&3. The old school lightning wts best suited my style of riding. More track speed and most of all seat of pants feeling. Cool clutchs long belt life.500-800 miles before it started to pull cord.

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The 850 kit is a whole different animal than the 800 for turbo kits, don't base your decision on the 800 kits. The 2019 boondocks kit they really struggled with. Personally if I was going to buy a boondocks 850 turbo Id only get the new agility kit. Rode with a friend today who has an 850 with the agility kit and new boondocks clutching and it runs very good. My Khaos with a new silber kit is good. Ive run the 3, 5 and 7lb spring. There is a little hesitation between 5,000 and 6,000 feet elevation, but it runs very strong. Boost for boost, my silber runs pretty much the same as the boondocks agility on the 2020 polaris 850's. The main difference is the altitude compensator on the boondocks is quite nice. I run at 8500 to 10,500 feet so my elevation is a lot different than where you will run.

B
Dec 2, 2001
Billings, MT
The 850 kit is a whole different animal than the 800 for turbo kits, don't base your decision on the 800 kits. The 2019 boondocks kit they really struggled with. Personally if I was going to buy a boondocks 850 turbo Id only get the new agility kit. Rode with a friend today who has an 850 with the agility kit and new boondocks clutching and it runs very good. My Khaos with a new silber kit is good. Ive run the 3, 5 and 7lb spring. There is a little hesitation between 5,000 and 6,000 feet elevation, but it runs very strong. Boost for boost, my silber runs pretty much the same as the boondocks agility on the 2020 polaris 850's. The main difference is the altitude compensator on the boondocks is quite nice. I run at 8500 to 10,500 feet so my elevation is a lot different than where you will run.
After having some more time on your Silber kit what are your thoughts, how's the power at 5 vs 7 psi. What clutching are you using?

T
Jan 13, 2013
Biggest thing for me is I have a boondocker kit on my 800 axys and I think it runs good. But the kit aside boondockers customer service is awesome, Silber on the other hand only cares about getting your money. I have given him multiple shots and every time all he cares about it money and not actually helping the client. I had a silber kit on my old pro rmk and boondocker actually helped me get it running right when silber told me it wouldnt work and that he would give me a good deal on a new kit. And boondocker didnt even charge me for that help getting it going. Now I ride boondocker and I very happy knowing I support a company that actually cares about you. Both are awesome kits and you cant go wrong, but knowing you run a product from a company that actually has your back is huge to me

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
If you buy a silber kit, buy from a local, reputable dealer who will help you. My kit runs very good now. Took 3 different ECU tunes to get one that worked and I was happy with. Big thanks to a very good local silber dealer. The silber clutching is ok to start. I switched to TRS clutching and couldn’t be happier. Best clutching I’ve ever used.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
If you buy a silber kit, buy from a local, reputable dealer who will help you. My kit runs very good now. Took 3 different ECU tunes to get one that worked and I was happy with. Big thanks to a very good local silber dealer. The silber clutching is ok to start. I switched to TRS clutching and couldn’t be happier. Best clutching I’ve ever used.

Did you end up running one of their older 850 tunes or kept updating to their newest tune ? I have a Silber kit going on my 2021.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I don’t know what tune it was. I assume it was the latest and greatest.
IMO if I was looking at 850 Polaris turbos, I’d seriously look at the Force kit. It’s in a league by itself. Completely different design than the tradition silber/boondocker kits. At low rpm it bypasses the turbo and runs like stock (no lag). Very similar to the doo factory turbo

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Did you end up running one of their older 850 tunes or kept updating to their newest tune ? I have a Silber kit going on my 2021.

My experience (800 axys non intercooled silber turbo) is that clutching is more important than the ecu “tune”

If the clutching overloads or underloads the shift at any point the fueling is off.

Example: peak rpm @ peak boost needs to be over 8k on my Silber 800 or it will Pop.

Also needs to be under 8650 or it will act almost exactly the same.

At shift rpm of 8100-8550 it runs smooth and strong.

I typically keep the clutching the same, at 0’ elevation to 3500’ then I change from 5# to 7# spring (takes 2 minutes with cooloff) and stay in the sweet spot up to 7000’. (Most ak riding is in those elevations)

If my day is all lower elevation i’ll do 60/40 av/ 90 non eth.

Mid to high elevation i’ll do 40/60 AV / 90 non eth.

Indydan’s turbo extreme helix and T3 heavy weights.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
My experience (800 axys non intercooled silber turbo) is that clutching is more important than the ecu “tune”

If the clutching overloads or underloads the shift at any point the fueling is off.

Example: peak rpm @ peak boost needs to be over 8k on my Silber 800 or it will Pop.

Also needs to be under 8650 or it will act almost exactly the same.

At shift rpm of 8100-8550 it runs smooth and strong.

I typically keep the clutching the same, at 0’ elevation to 3500’ then I change from 5# to 7# spring (takes 2 minutes with cooloff) and stay in the sweet spot up to 7000’. (Most ak riding is in those elevations)

If my day is all lower elevation i’ll do 60/40 av/ 90 non eth.

Mid to high elevation i’ll do 40/60 AV / 90 non eth.

Indydan’s turbo extreme helix and T3 heavy weights.

Good to know. I'm having a clutch kit put together by a reputable local clutch guru that has experience with Silber turbos. My elevation is 5000-7000 here in BC. I plan to run 50/50 Av/ 94 non ethanol.

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Biggest thing for me is I have a boondocker kit on my 800 axys and I think it runs good. But the kit aside boondockers customer service is awesome, Silber on the other hand only cares about getting your money. I have given him multiple shots and every time all he cares about it money and not actually helping the client. I had a silber kit on my old pro rmk and boondocker actually helped me get it running right when silber told me it wouldnt work and that he would give me a good deal on a new kit. And boondocker didnt even charge me for that help getting it going. Now I ride boondocker and I very happy knowing I support a company that actually cares about you. Both are awesome kits and you cant go wrong, but knowing you run a product from a company that actually has your back is huge to me
Agreed Silber owner doesnt Give a damn about answering questions or helping. I asked him direct questions and his answers were about something Else each time

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Your question has been posted a number of times. If you do some searching you will find opinions along with pros and cons of these 2 plus other turbo kits.
Ive had a silber on my 17 axys since oct of 2016. Not a single issue. The clutching that it came with didn't work for me. Search TRS for the best set up. Ive tried rooster wts, mds, vohk, Dalton, indy dan turbo 2&3. The old school lightning wts best suited my style of riding. More track speed and most of all seat of pants feeling. Cool clutchs long belt life.500-800 miles before it started to pull cord.
What did u notice the most in the clutch work?

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I would recommend mtnkt all the way. Absolutely loved their kit I had on my 800 axys and from what I hear the 850 is only better. Kit is excellent quality and comes with great customer service. I would also recommend the intercooled kit.

Sep 2, 2009
near rev Canada BC
i have a low boost agility boondocker kit that is missing the wiring connection for there oil pump and they won`t answer the phone or reply e-mail after numerous attempts to get the pump to work with no luck makes the kit a piece of crap with no tech support

D

Dawson1223

Feb 6, 2024
Revelstoke
i have a low boost agility boondocker kit that is missing the wiring connection for there oil pump and they won`t answer the phone or reply e-mail after numerous attempts to get the pump to work with no luck makes the kit a piece of crap with no tech support
I've found that boondocks customer support is pretty pathetic as well have left them multiple emails and have not heard back.

Premium Features