• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

850 sibler turbo or boondocker?

Jan 27, 2020
I’ve been going back and forth between a boondocker and sibler turbo for my 850 Polaris. I’ve been riding with a boondocker sidekick and I’m not fully impressed by the kit. It has a bog in lower elevation. (5-6000) does anyone have the sibler turbo? I’ve heard they run great but also heard that about boondocker so I’m sceptical.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
Your question has been posted a number of times. If you do some searching you will find opinions along with pros and cons of these 2 plus other turbo kits.
Ive had a silber on my 17 axys since oct of 2016. Not a single issue. The clutching that it came with didn't work for me. Search TRS for the best set up. Ive tried rooster wts, mds, vohk, Dalton, indy dan turbo 2&3. The old school lightning wts best suited my style of riding. More track speed and most of all seat of pants feeling. Cool clutchs long belt life.500-800 miles before it started to pull cord.

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The 850 kit is a whole different animal than the 800 for turbo kits, don't base your decision on the 800 kits. The 2019 boondocks kit they really struggled with. Personally if I was going to buy a boondocks 850 turbo Id only get the new agility kit. Rode with a friend today who has an 850 with the agility kit and new boondocks clutching and it runs very good. My Khaos with a new silber kit is good. Ive run the 3, 5 and 7lb spring. There is a little hesitation between 5,000 and 6,000 feet elevation, but it runs very strong. Boost for boost, my silber runs pretty much the same as the boondocks agility on the 2020 polaris 850's. The main difference is the altitude compensator on the boondocks is quite nice. I run at 8500 to 10,500 feet so my elevation is a lot different than where you will run.

Premium Features