• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 rough idle and exhaust backfire

yanush

Premium Member
Sep 3, 2008
Quebec, Canada
Just took my 2018 summit 850 for my first ride. When i started it, it was idling rough i waited until the temp was good and took it for a ride.
I did about 2 miles with it and notice that I had no power trough the whole rpm range. Then I shut it off an started it again after a few minutes, it would idle really rough and backfire if I would give it some gas. Now it start and die if i give it some gas and the idle is terrible.
Could it be an injector or something like that. There's no code on the screen
help please

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
One of mine did the same thing.Pto spark plug failed.Installed new plugs,ready to go.First plug i have ever had to change on any of the these sleds

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Was it plugs o
One of mine did the same thing.Pto spark plug failed.Installed new plugs,ready to go.First plug i have ever had to change on any of the these sleds

2013 800 E Tech
2015 800 E Tech
2016 800 E tech
2018 850 E tech 165
2018 850 E tech 175

....NEVER have changed a plug...

Ace

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Take an infrared heat sensor to each cylinder at wye pipe ,you will see right away which cylinder is not firing.

yanush

Premium Member
Sep 3, 2008
Quebec, Canada
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I took it to the dealer they change the plugs and they tried it again. It was still doing the same thing, so they change one of the injector that seemed to be bad . Didn't worked, so they decided to change the power valves servo and they re-program them and now it's fine.
So it kind of hard to tell what was the real problem. I ran it for about 800 miles since I took it to get it service and never had any other issues.

Premium Features