• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 PTO Crank Bearing Failure

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
Are there other on here that have had a PTO side crank bearing failure during break in ?

What other damage was found when the engine was tore down ?

What did dealer do or what are they going to do for repair ?
If you've got some time and a lot of popcorn, there's some pretty good pictures and info in here. You do have to weed through a bit of "comedy," but it's there! ;)

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445843

A
Dec 16, 2018
I started that thread posted above.

And to claridy , Yes my sled had 70 Miles on it in break in mode. My dealer took engine apart and center bearing seized.

Brand new long block ordered and installed, just waiting for one last gasket and we are good to go. Hopefully it does not happen again.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
How fast did they have the new engine to the dealer? How long for install?

A
Dec 16, 2018
Took about a week of diagnosis by the time we went back and forth with Polaris tech on what they wanted us to do. Once the engine was ordered they rushed one and took about 3 days to come in. Shop had motor put in right away however just waiting on an unforseen one time use only gasket for the y pipe

rubymountainrider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
springcreek nv
exactly i called yesterday they said its sitting in a trailer in salt lake ut my dealer is in idaho falls id and there closed tell the jan2 because of the holiday but said delivery still showed 1-8 -19 would hope it would at least show up on the 1-2-19 you would think.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Seems to be a common with truck freight these day, not enough drivers to keep freight moving so it sits. Our school system has told every kid in high school they have to go to college so all the baristas can have political science or sociology degrees. Instead of driving a truck or doing a trade and making $60,000-80,000 a year.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Seems to be a common with truck freight these day, not enough drivers to keep freight moving so it sits. Our school system has told every kid in high school they have to go to college so all the baristas can have political science or sociology degrees. Instead of driving a truck or doing a trade and making $60,000-80,000 a year.

Best post I've seen in a while. The new E log is also cutting hours pre trip inspection is included on drive time. What a croc of bull.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID

Fantastic post. My little bro went to Caltech, worked up a huge bill, lives in the SanFran area because he has to, spends $60 on dinner every night, and (according to him), has less spending money than me. I worked out of high school, had a **** ton of fun while he was in school, and still ended up doing better. (Other than he has a 401K, so ignore everything I just wrote, lol.)

Mar 1, 2022
maine
polaris still has the problem i bought a 2022 xcr 650 and both pto side bearing seize 13 miles on sled trail riding 30-55 miles per hour had no warning no over heating the dealer i bought it from told me it would be weeks before he could look at it a friend of mine said he was friends with a dealer that he bought his sled from so they took mine sled in for repair it was a battle with polaris to get authorized for the dealer to do the repair i called polaris warrenty team and said that i wanted names for the maine attorney geneneral because maine has laws against customer receiving defective product guess what that got the ball rolling after all of that 6 in a half months to get the sled completed patched up motor not a new long block . fuel pump bad as well throttle cable recall the fuji motors were bullet proof patriot engine is junk and dont hold up i own 13 sleds cats and polaris some have 8k and up to 10 k miles and only had maintenance to do to keep them in shape and i didnt pay 15k for them either

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
polaris still has the problem i bought a 2022 xcr 650 and both pto side bearing seize 13 miles on sled trail riding 30-55 miles per hour had no warning no over heating the dealer i bought it from told me it would be weeks before he could look at it a friend of mine said he was friends with a dealer that he bought his sled from so they took mine sled in for repair it was a battle with polaris to get authorized for the dealer to do the repair i called polaris warrenty team and said that i wanted names for the maine attorney geneneral because maine has laws against customer receiving defective product guess what that got the ball rolling after all of that 6 in a half months to get the sled completed patched up motor not a new long block . fuel pump bad as well throttle cable recall the fuji motors were bullet proof patriot engine is junk and dont hold up i own 13 sleds cats and polaris some have 8k and up to 10 k miles and only had maintenance to do to keep them in shape and i didnt pay 15k for them either
Are you saying the sled seized up 6.5 months ago and it just got fixed?

What did they end up replacing in the motor?

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
polaris still has the problem i bought a 2022 xcr 650 and both pto side bearing seize 13 miles on sled trail riding 30-55 miles per hour had no warning no over heating the dealer i bought it from told me it would be weeks before he could look at it a friend of mine said he was friends with a dealer that he bought his sled from so they took mine sled in for repair it was a battle with polaris to get authorized for the dealer to do the repair i called polaris warrenty team and said that i wanted names for the maine attorney geneneral because maine has laws against customer receiving defective product guess what that got the ball rolling after all of that 6 in a half months to get the sled completed patched up motor not a new long block . fuel pump bad as well throttle cable recall the fuji motors were bullet proof patriot engine is junk and dont hold up i own 13 sleds cats and polaris some have 8k and up to 10 k miles and only had maintenance to do to keep them in shape and i didnt pay 15k for them
this whole story sounds made up

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Which 2 bearings?
55FD232B-F23B-44E3-BED6-501FCF4ACA38.jpeg

Premium Features