• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 "Oil Mapping" Recall

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
there's a thread over on dootalk mentioning a BUDS update for 850's, 600's, and turbos. apparently the oil flow rate was programmed wrong from the factory and needs to be corrected but is an easy fix. anyone heard of this or have the service bulletin?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
apparently it's all 2022 e-tec sleds. the oil pump output number isn't matching the ecu's number.
gonna call the ole dealer in a bit and see what i can find out.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
just got back from the dealer and there is a bulletin on this. my oil pump compensation number was 5 and the ecu was set to 8. tech said he’s seen some that were set really low which sounds like an engine seizure waiting to happen.
Took him all of 10 minutes to do the update while the sled remained on the trailer.

Twistgrip

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2012
just got back from the dealer and there is a bulletin on this. my oil pump compensation number was 5 and the ecu was set to 8. tech said he’s seen some that were set really low which sounds like an engine seizure waiting to happen.
Took him all of 10 minutes to do the update while the sled remained on the trailer.
Is this only 2022 sleds?

Premium Features