• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Khaos Matryx Slash 146 with 155" and 34" stance

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
850 Khaos Matryx Slash 146 with a 155" lightweight mountain track under it, and 34" ski stance - thoughts? Or maybe it would be better with a 650. Seems like it could be really fun! And a decent wife sled. Is the "Skinny Sled" finally available to the mases?

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
Yep - ultra short tunnel. Maybe even a custom, smaller tank? 7 gallons or so ought to be enough for a quick rip. Fun for the wife and/or older kids, but powerful enough to be a capable play sled for full-sized guys. Like a trials bike for the snow.

S
Dec 28, 2009
Its interesting to think about, wonder what the benefit limit is for the cut tunnel. It must reach a point where there is no more gain to making it shorter.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Yep - ultra short tunnel. Maybe even a custom, smaller tank? 7 gallons or so ought to be enough for a quick rip. Fun for the wife and/or older kids, but powerful enough to be a capable play sled for full-sized guys. Like a trials bike for the snow.
I've got a feeling you wouldn't be gaining much. Wouldn't really lose anything either though I suppose. Likely just unnecessary, especially considering your wife and kids PROBABLY don't do much for re entries, bowties, and hopovers. That's just a guess based on the fact that a 650 is being considered.

Also not sure what a smaller tank would accomplish... I'd just put 7 gallons in the factory tank if you were going on a quick rip and had concern about the weight.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I would guess doo and poo have played around with tunnel length to land where they are at. Too short and it's tough to get snow up to the cooler. Lynx is shorter yet and they have the deflector deal.

Premium Features