• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 gone down already??

longgold

Premium Member
Nov 9, 2010
Whistler BC.
10 rides in.......

I know that not a lot of rides, but deeeeep snow.

I didn't have any issues, THEN, I had the fuel pump issues and could not start twice in one day. I wasnt aware of it as I have been away from the forum for years, but thankfully a guy I was riding with knew the drill (pull the six pin and plugs and pull a lot).

But then I started getting terrible bogging issues....SO I got the reflash (that someone had to tell me about, Polaris didn't contact me!). I mean its only my 20th new sled from Polaris in 20 years pretty much.

Now I'm concerned. What is the leakage you all talk of. I've read the thread for 30 minutes and am still confused. are the rings filling the crank case with fuel? there no crank case oil in a 2 stroke. So confused. Can someone point me to a thread please?

S
Dec 2, 2007
forest lake, mn
Posting down?

Am I the only one that has noticed that there is snow everywhere now and the posts per day has gone down significantly in this thread? In theory widespread snow=miles piling up on the new 850s....should equal tons of failures per the predictions by some in this thread. I don't see a ton of posts here saying their sled has gone down. Why? People are out riding instead of waiting for snow and clamoring around this forum. Don't get me wrong, I believe there will be some "teething" issues on the first year 850, there will be on any first year product. Having worked in service departments of auto, power sports, tractor, power equipment and currently a large diesel distributor I'll never buy a first year anything, not even a coffee maker to use the words of another member. I do not however believe there to be a very high failure rate on these or this thread would have a lot more posts now that everyone has snow. I've read every post in this thread, I have a kid and my wife works evenings so I can't ride, but im throwing my $.02 finally. Those of you with new 850s, enjoy them, ride the piss out of them and if they break get it fixed under warranty.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Snow everywhere but not a lot of miles so far.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
2020 850. Now comes standard with the Indy Dan fix :p. I'm curious if the honing has changed any.

33c77599d35fbdc0f02a63fe916cbec9.jpg

G
Feb 8, 2018
Quoted from Snowtech, its located at the bottom of the article.
https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/2020-polaris/

Several detail changes have been made to the mighty 850 Patriot engine for 2020, aiming to further advance the technology and reliability. There is a new software program calibration aimed at improving hot start issues, eliminating bogging and hesitations that some riders experienced. Hardware changes include a retaining ring added to the PTO bearing and matching machining of the cases to position it precisely in the crankcase during assembly, slight changes to the piston profile for improved heat tolerance, and assembly line changes to improve the silicone sealing application to keep the sealant out of the check valve.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
Who's seriously interested in a bulk head cooler? There are no cooling issues for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
yeah the pro rmk does not need a front cooler. How many cat/doo guys crack their cooler?

And since 2018 with the new thermostat they run even cooler

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Must be nice to have great snow every where you ride that isn't hard packed and doesn't get kicked up into the tunnel coolers even with scratchers down.

Life must be good for you. LOL

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Must be nice to have great snow every where you ride that isn't hard packed and doesn't get kicked up into the tunnel coolers even with scratchers down.

Some people only ride Dec-March and only when snow is deep.(no heating issues)
Some people ride every weekend no matter the snow conditions.
Then the cool people try to get 12 months of riding in....

Polcat

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
they already have a "compromise" sled and its the sks.

the pro rmk is and should remain their top of line mountain sled built for deep snow.

if it's so hard pack that the scratchers and track isn't kicking up snow, how's the front cooler will help? give you 5 more mins before you overheat?

maybe they should add bogey wheels too for the hard pack days. also a 1.5inch track you know for the hard packed days.

this is really off topic sry but I'm bored at the airport

chriswelters

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2009
Ishpeming MI

We do have it pretty good. We are in the UP of Michigan. Dont even have to ride much for trails.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Premium Features