• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 engine removal procedure

S

simbatheking

Feb 5, 2010
invermere bc
Has anyone done a write up or vid of an engine removal on an 850? A factory service manual would be even better but I don’t imagine those are readily available

grich8888

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
PM me and I can get a copy of the manual to you. It doesn't take too long to remove the engine, it does help to have the Ski-Doo hook and eyelet that fits into the knock sensor so that you can lift it out rather than muscling it out.

Here's my thread on the digital Service Manual which is available. It's only about $30.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
There is a guy a you tube that can pull them in under hour. I told him he should make a video but I haven't seen it yet. He pulls it with the oil tank, clutches, injectors all still attached. Almost like dripping a sub frame out of a car with the motor still in it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Yeah, that was one of doo's big selling points when they came out with the G4. That you could pull the "guts" out in one module in about an hour. Haven't had to do one yet, but it'll be interesting when the time comes... hope there right but there pretty good about exaggerating the greatness of their engineering, IE A- Arms...ugh

Considering the complexity of these machines and the fact that the manual is only $30 AND you get it instantly on your computer, I think it makes sense for even the most experienced machanic. It's a very valuable tool, just like a clutch remover or a exhaust spring puller. It makes any job you need to do to your sled easier.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
So what makes this any harder than a 800 Etec to remove, anything oblivious or just remove normal parts to remove a sled motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Ive pulled the motor on a couple G4's. Its actually quite easy. I would have to agree that its an hourish procedure if you done it once. First time Id plan on a couple hours and take your time. The turbo Im sure would take longer. I dont know of any videos on hour to do it.

Premium Features