• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800e t3 2016 dent in chaincase

C
Apr 29, 2021
quebec
Hey guys so last year I hit a rock and my sled only Bent a spindle and didn't saw that but my chaincase has a dent in it
received_422931086028407.jpeg
It drip oil but very not much and I've run the sled like that last year almost half of the winter like that cause I didnt notice the dent and nothing happened, oil level is good, so do you think I can still run the sled like that ? Cause if I replace it i will put a belt drive . What do u guys think?
(Sorry for my English lol I'm from Quebec)

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Hey guys so last year I hit a rock and my sled only Bent a spindle and didn't saw that but my chaincase has a dent in it
View attachment 379250
It drip oil but very not much and I've run the sled like that last year almost half of the winter like that cause I didnt notice the dent and nothing happened, oil level is good, so do you think I can still run the sled like that ? Cause if I replace it i will put a belt drive . What do u guys think?
(Sorry for my English lol I'm from Quebec)

That’s actually not your chaincase, it’s part of your tunnel, if you take the cover off you can hammer that back out, I would do that anyway if you hit it again you may damage your chaincase, same as your brake rotor side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C
Apr 29, 2021
quebec
It’s possible the dent was enough to damage the chaincase, or the cover. I thought you said a drip, not dripping, my apologies, I misunderstood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So do you think I could still run the sled like that ? Cause it's dripping oil but there's like one drip on the floor after the sled has been sitting there for a couple weeks

Premium Features