• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 Pro RMK cutting out

H
Oct 23, 2015
IMG_20200127_171121.jpgMy 13 Polaris Pro RMK 800 is bogging/ cutting out at all RPMs whenever I punch the throttle or roll on quickly. I recently replaced my pipe sensor, primary spring, and checked my reeds which show no signs of damage. I reset my TPS to within spec and sled currently idles between 1750-1900 RPM.
Sled cuts out throughout entire throttle range, but much more noticeable when I punch it, or try to accelerate quickly. If I roll on slowly it will eventually hit 8000 RPM, and fluctuate up and down +or- 100 RPM when held WOT. But when I pin it, it will starting cutting out and bogging and won't recover until I let off the throttle.
Backstory, I replaced my clutch spring after I fought low RPM issues, I didn't know what spring was installed from previous owner, so I ordered an SLP blue-pink spring. When I compared the length of the two, the spring that came out the yellow on is shorter than the new one. So I am kind of thinking maybe now that I have the proper spring rate, I am possibly over revving the engine and hitting a limiter and should try heavier weights? I am running 10-60s at 4600 elevation currently. Any other things I should check?

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
View attachment 338698My 13 Polaris Pro RMK 800 is bogging/ cutting out at all RPMs whenever I punch the throttle or roll on quickly. I recently replaced my pipe sensor, primary spring, and checked my reeds which show no signs of damage. I reset my TPS to within spec and sled currently idles between 1750-1900 RPM.
Sled cuts out throughout entire throttle range, but much more noticeable when I punch it, or try to accelerate quickly. If I roll on slowly it will eventually hit 8000 RPM, and fluctuate up and down +or- 100 RPM when held WOT. But when I pin it, it will starting cutting out and bogging and won't recover until I let off the throttle.
Backstory, I replaced my clutch spring after I fought low RPM issues, I didn't know what spring was installed from previous owner, so I ordered an SLP blue-pink spring. When I compared the length of the two, the spring that came out the yellow on is shorter than the new one. So I am kind of thinking maybe now that I have the proper spring rate, I am possibly over revving the engine and hitting a limiter and should try heavier weights? I am running 10-60s at 4600 elevation currently. Any other things I should check?
Yes you are way to light put 10-64s in it and it will run fine

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

A
Jan 23, 2019
Clogged fuel filter? Letting enough fuel through to idle and slowly accelerate but not enough to keep up with wot

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
As mentioned above... weights are way too light. 10-60's are for 8-10,000ft. I think you need 64's. It probably hits the rev limiter so quick you dont see it on the tach.
You can use the record and playback feature to see what RPM it is actually hitting.

H
Oct 23, 2015
As mentioned above... weights are way too light. 10-60's are for 8-10,000ft. I think you need 64's. It probably hits the rev limiter so quick you dont see it on the tach.
You can use the record and playback feature to see what RPM it is actually hitting.

Will the playback feature capture everything? I thought it just caught speed

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I havent owned a pro-ride for 5 years so I cant tell you how to do it, but yes, you can do a play back of RPM, MPH, TPS for up to 3 minutes. I used it all the time to test clutching set-ups during a climb.
i think you just hold the MODE and SELECT buttons down together for 3 seconds, then it will start recording.

H
Oct 23, 2015
I havent owned a pro-ride for 5 years so I cant tell you how to do it, but yes, you can do a play back of RPM, MPH, TPS for up to 3 minutes. I used it all the time to test clutching set-ups during a climb.
i think you just hold the MODE and SELECT buttons down together for 3 seconds, then it will start recording.
Thanks! Ill throw in my heavier weights and give that a shot then. Sounds like I also need to look at changing my fuel filter as well. Will report back

H
Oct 23, 2015
Replaced my spark plugs with champion RN57YCC and the sled ran great, had to actually drop weight from 60s to 58s once I got up to elevation at 10,000ft but sled ran good until my pipe sensor bung blew out

IMG_20200201_110321.jpg

H
Oct 23, 2015
So finally got the new pipe in. Now sled has a top end bog/burble that will eventually clean out if you keep in pinned long enough. After it cleans out it's fine until you shut the sled down again for longer than a couple minutes. It's almost like on my old edge RMK when the needles and seats would stick open and flood the motor partially. But what could be causing this on an EFI? Bad electrical? Leaky oil injector?

kmg

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2012
Did you ever get this straightened out?? My brother is having the same issue.

Premium Features