• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 efi 1m problems?s

Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
Ok I'm trying to get my 800 efi running it has spark good compression the fuel rail pressure is good when I primed the fuel pump with a small battery. But it won't start and the fuel pressure drops to like 20-30 when I start pulling it over and have the fuel pump plugged into he power from the sled. I also unplugged the fuel pump and put battery power to it with good fuel pressure and it still won't start. What is the issue? Any ideas would be great.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I would put a mulit meter on the fuel pump and make sure you are seeing 12 to 18 volts each time you pull the rope. I did have a tps (throttle position sensor) go bad on mine 02 800. I would pressurize the rail then apply voltage to each injector with a 9 volt batter and some alligator clips, I would hear the gas spray, it would start fine but was very erratic maintaining rpm once underway. I also had to replace the fuel pump with about 2000 miles.

Dump fuel down each cylinder and see if it will fire and run.

Last edited:
Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
Ok I think I'm just severely flooded and that's why it won't start. Think I have a crankcase full of fuel. I have spark, compression, and fuel but it won't fire the plugs are always wet when I pull them. What works the best to clear out a severely flooded efi sled? I have blown compressed air down into the cylinders with the piston all the way down to try and clear it out. Pulled the pipe to make sure that wasnt plugged good there. There was a puddle of fuel on the ypipe. So what works to clear this out anybody have any good ideas?

Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
Well I thought the same but it pushing fuel through to the ypipe and smells like fuel. Plugs are wet. I have fuel spark and compression so it has to be extremely flooded some how.

Premium Features