• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 Axys pipe changes

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
Anyone know what changed on the pipes from '16/17 to '18/19? Polaris part number 1262375 vs 1263038. Is it a simple thing to make them compatible, like relocating a spring hook? Or is there no reasonable way to modify one to work with the other, like a different junction with the Y pipe, or a different shape altogether?

Although I'm asking about the stock pipes, it's actually an aftermarket pipe that I want to take from a '17 and put on a '19. I contacted the manufacturer and got "no" for an answer, but they might say no even if the modification isn't that hard. If nobody here has a definitive answer, I may just try to fit the '17 to the '19 to see for myself, but even if it fits I'd be hesitant to run the sled without knowing more.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Anyone know what changed on the pipes from '16/17 to '18/19? Polaris part number 1262375 vs 1263038. Is it a simple thing to make them compatible, like relocating a spring hook? Or is there no reasonable way to modify one to work with the other, like a different junction with the Y pipe, or a different shape altogether?

Although I'm asking about the stock pipes, it's actually an aftermarket pipe that I want to take from a '17 and put on a '19. I contacted the manufacturer and got "no" for an answer, but they might say no even if the modification isn't that hard. If nobody here has a definitive answer, I may just try to fit the '17 to the '19 to see for myself, but even if it fits I'd be hesitant to run the sled without knowing more.

its the EGT sensor difference.
16-17 is old style

18-20 is the new larger thread.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I've heard the newer ones are better because it keeps running temp at like 110 or something... is that a change you could do to a 16-17 sled?

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
I'll probably just drill and tap, then maybe add a bead around the circumference for strength if it looks too thin. Plenty of purpose-built options too:
61bMmHkWoiL._SL1500_.jpg

Premium Features