• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

79 SRX yamaha parts needed

F
Sep 1, 2008
HAVRE,MT

I have a 79 yamaha SRX 440 that I picked up the other day. This was a once in a life time deal for me- the original owner had this sled in a barn for over 21 years-I spent half a day helping him get to it. anyway-he sold it to me- IT'S COOL.
Does anyone have any decals for this- I am looking for the SRX one for the windsheild and one for the lt side of hood. also looking for any books and production numbers.
I also have a problem I can't figure out-when it starts-the headlight and tail-light come on for about 1/2 a minut then goes out-happens every time-i checked the plug-wiring- ANY IDEAS?

let me know-thanks:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
You need to go over to www.vintagesleds.com . That seems to be the hotbed for q and a along these lines.

A possible source for parts and info is Koch Performance in Wisconsin.

I bought a 78 SRX I was going to sell, then kindof started liking it.... :)

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
i know a guy that has a srx motor in some special titanium chassis that some factory company made, 340 srx guess there really really rare ported to the nutz, 44mm carbs, twin pipes he says it clutch engagement is around 8500 and turns 14500 makes roughly 80ish hp they won the ice drags i wana say it was 92mph in 5ooft pretty fast for back in those days i think he was factory backed, back then hes still got it to this day.

F
Sep 1, 2008
HAVRE,MT
Man- That is some vintage RPM'S-
440 DART- I would love to just hear that baby rip.

For what they were back in the 70's and beyond- they did there homework on these vintage sleds.

F
Sep 1, 2008
HAVRE,MT
TBWdracula2003-Thanks for the info.
I will try to locate one and replace that part- I just tried a new voltage regulator and that did nothing.
The Lighting coil sounds like the culprat.

Premium Features