• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

76 yamaha PR440 F/S

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
i dont have a use for this sled, seems like a waste sitting in my yard. It was grandpas old sled. Doesnt have a lot of miles. in very good shape for how old, and ive kept it clean/covered. would be a nice addition to someones collection. This is kinda rare model. it has a hydraulic tranmission rather than belt drive. runs fine, its pretty darn fast on an open trail, too fast for its own good, but its smooth too. needs a little TLC mechanically, but this sled was never beat on. factory hood,paint,seat, ect, with no major scars or cracks.
I can take some pics if anyone wants.
make an offer, please.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
im in ellensburg WA.
a couple hundred bucks and this running sled is ready to haul off.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
forsale001.jpg

forsale002.jpg

forsale003.jpg

sorry for the pic quality. damn cam-corder camera sux.

H
Feb 4, 2010
Hi guys.....Good looking 76 PR.....love to add it to my collection
but I am in Southern Ont, CA....Have been as far as ND to pickup
sleds and would love to take a holiday and go the distance....Don't expect
it would happen soon.....I hope it finds someone who will keep it looking
that good or restore it...If it doesn't get picked up or even when it does,
give the new owner my contact info...this site is new to me but was forwarded from a friend in MN I purchased a 76 PR from back in 2006.

http://www.acscc.com/forum/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=42
these are my good ones and about 20 more (whole and parts) in storage
for parts.....I can normally be found at www.acscc.com
if any info about the sled series is wanted or may have a part..
Great sled ...love to have it...My wife might enjoy the drive ....
Contact me if you still have it in March..
Thanks
Ron Dike

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Thanks Ron. They are neat little sleds, only Yamaha could produce something like this and have it work well/built right imo. The exhaust shoots out the center of tunnel in the driver area, kinda cool idea to keep snow from building up in there. Drivers are anti-ratchet style, rear idlers are large diameter....yamaha was way ahead of their time...
the track comes off the drivers onto the skid at a very shallow angle, which greatly helps the slightly over-weight sled get on top of the pow.
This one runs a little rich, so i think a plug was fouling on it yesterday when i started her up. The carb needs some attention to get her runnin perfect, but otherwise should run great for decades to come.
I would keep it, but my covered space is limited, and i am currently restoring a 1970 S.J. super sport.
cheers

H
Feb 4, 2010
Hi Sno jet..
I expect oddfire or someone else got the sled , but adding to post in case it is still needing a new home..
I expect your snow would be melted by July :face-icon-small-hap
Thanks
Ron

Premium Features