• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

70 alpine

S

Snow Flake

That is is nice sled. Have you had it awhile or just find it? How about the Ski Boose? Looks to be complete except for the windshield. Mark I or Mark II?

When I was working for the Forest Service about 1971 the District had two 399 "Double Hogs", 68s or 69s I think. Those things were bullit proof. We probably put as many miles on dry dirt as we did on snow getting to work projects in the spring time. Pulled fold-a-sleds full of tree marking paint the whole time too. When you go over a jump with one of those you know you got some weight up in the air!

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
just picked up the mark 1 to go with.brings back alot of good memories for me too.i was thinking of jumping it if i could find a volunteer to ride in the boose:).
also have a bunch of grandkids that will get to have some fun with it.:)

Last edited:
B
When I was a kid, our first sled was a 1970 640 Alpine er. Many memories were made with that machine both during work and in play. It proved very valuable for ice fishing, getting firewood, and even giving the truck a tug when it got stuck. I now have this machine stored out in the barn and I think that maybe its time to bring it out and give it some TLC as well.

Premium Features