• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

680 Ultra SLP triple pipe carb tuning help

Aug 27, 2009
Laramie, WY
My buddy just got some slp triple pipes for his 97 RMK 680 ultra. The technical information calls for SLP 14-02 Needles, 25 pilot jets and 247-P4 jets.

Apparently the needles are no longer available and I would guess the same for the rest of the jetting parts. Are these proprietary slp parts, is there a good mikuni equivalent. Or does anybody have the slp parts and willing to sell them. We ride 8000-11000 ft. Appreciate any 680 triple tuning insight.

Thanks

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
The needles were made by slp. The other parts are mikuni parts that you can order from anyone. The needles however are what made these sleds run! Slp made both a high elevation needle (3000+) and a low elevation needle. (-3000). I ride from 0-6000. Mostly 1-3000. Mine ran like a dog with the low elev needles although it was much better than the stock needles. With the high elev needles, the thing was a ripper. Same with all the others in my area that had them. I no longer have any high elev needles around here but may have some low ones. Have you guys called slp if you can get them? I bet they can help you out, or reccomend a mikuni needle that would put you in the ballpark. They ran the stock nozzle, and yes, the pilot jet is a must also. I think I was down to 15's on mine to clean up the bottom end. That is where they were pig fat. Good luck. That was a great motor. They made good power and ran well.

C

chadkrump

May 26, 2008
Amenia ND
I also just got a set of SLP trips for an ultra motor, and the set up they told me is a bit different. I also ride 1000-3000' thou...

they told me that I needed new needles, which they do not make, but they did send me all the specs to get them made, so I think I am going to go that route.

I was told to leave the pilots jets as 30's. PTO and MAG main jets are 390's and the MID main jet is gonna be a 370.

I also had to change my primary spring and weights, went to a blue spring and 10-AL weights.

for the secondary clutch I also changed the spring to a blue spring, and had to order a 42-34 SLP helix from them.

I dont know how close this is to the sled running right yet, havent been able to really start tuning it yet, since we do not have snow... but I figure its a baseline to start from.

My suggestion would be to call SLP and they can help you out, just ask them a setup for you with Polaris part numbers instead of SLP numbers, thats what I did.

If u need me to send u those specs for the needles via email hit me back or PM me...

Good Luck!

CK

Aug 27, 2009
Laramie, WY
SLP customer service

We email SLP they do not make the part or have any left. However they did recomend a mikuni needle 6FL14 in place of the slp 14-102. Hope they are close. I am excited to see this triple rip.

Thanks for the reply fellas. Love the wealth of experiance on this forum

Premium Features