• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

650 Matryx RMK

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
I have to ask;

would a 650 matryx 146 be too much sled for a 9 year old....??
my thought is to buy one sled for him for the next several years instead of buying several sleds

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
That completely depends on the kid. Some, no
Most maybe. That is probably what my daughter will ride next year. She turns 12 this spring.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I have to ask;

my thought is to buy one sled for him for the next several years instead of buying several sleds

I wouldn’t recommend it. Modified EVO for 2-4 years depending on size, rider, etc.

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Go for the 650 146" or 155, what ever they come out at Snowcheck.
It will save them from getting stuck so often. It's an easy to ride sled. They will learn quick, kids all ride to their ability.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
modified Evo was my choice - great little sled (except for having a carb - bleh). My grandson is 12 and loves it. My daughter-in-law enjoys it also because of the smaller size. I also have a 600 Pro RMK 155 and it scares her just a bit. She's not super small but the smaller ergos on the Evo just give her more confidence. And we have not spent much time getting anyone unstuck on it fyi. Mods did top $1,500 though and I still haven't pulled the trigger on a narrow front end.

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Considering that I’ve seen or heard of multiple 1st time adult riders buying the 850 boost, I’d say this scenario makes more sense. Get the little guy the 650!

C
Dec 14, 2020
I have to ask;

I have one kid that would never touch the throttle to the bars. I could put him on a turbo 850 and he wouldn't hit 30mph. I have another kid that would pin it to the bars all day, no matter what. He would be piled up on a 650 in 5 minutes.

A 500 fanner is a great learning sled for cruising the trails and getting them used to the handling.

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
Amen. I'm hoping and planning on a 155 Khaos 650. I'd take a Pro as well, would just like to have the Slash option.
Huh. Crazy stuff. They didn't come out with one this year either. Oh well, I probably wouldn't have done it anyway with the huge price bump. Guess I'll have to keep my 22.....that hasn't come in yet.

P
Dec 15, 2018
They have a khaos but only 146 and slash. I kinda wanted to do khaos just because but want a longer track. My build was almost 16k so now iam waffling....is the pro rmk a axis chassis or a matrix chassis? Iam a bit confused on this.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Can't believe the crazy cost of these things. My dealer is closed Monday's, going to see what, I anything, he can offer to a long time customer on a 650 tomorrow or the wife.
At this point, a comparably equipped Doo up north here is almost $3k cheaper... For something that won't see a massive amount of usage, that's not nothing to sneeze at

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Can't believe the crazy cost of these things. My dealer is closed Monday's, going to see what, I anything, he can offer to a long time customer on a 650 tomorrow or the wife.
At this point, a comparably equipped Doo up north here is almost $3k cheaper... For something that won't see a massive amount of usage, that's not nothing to sneeze at
You can get an entire skidoo sled for less than a timbersled. Crazy.

Premium Features