• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

411" bull elk

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
Here's a picture of a bull taken by my cousin in Montana this year. Officially scored at 411 6/8ths. Should be # 2 in the state. The bull in the back ground is 341+ to give you an idea of the mass and length.

Last edited:

xring60

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2008
Mountains
Looks like an awesome specimen of Cervus canadensis!!! Elk season is only 7 full months away! Is this for sale? Curious as to why it's in the swapmeet?

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
He really doesn't hunt that much and doesn't understand what it means to kill a bull this big. Another cousin killed a 376 bull a few years ago and kept the cape off it and we are trying to make sure Scott uses the cape and gets it mounted. I told my wife if I were more of a prick I would offer him a couple thousand for the head. Probably be a lot of odd moments at Thanksgiving and Christmas after that though by the rest of the family. His dad and my brothers ranches border each other and I drew a permit last year as well. My problem is my brother leases his hunting to some doctors and I get to hunt when they are not in. So i ended up taking the first bull I came across which ended up being 317. Bull was scored by Taylor Graham but I don't think it is registered yet.

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
Looks like an awesome specimen of Cervus canadensis!!! Elk season is only 7 full months away! Is this for sale? Curious as to why it's in the swapmeet?

Oops just saw the hunting/outdoors section is in the swapmeet section. No, just thought some might want to see dandy bull.

M
Nov 26, 2007
black diamond, wa
411 BULL

NOT MOUNTING THAT BULL IS A SHAME, YOU SHOULD MOUNT IT FOR HIM & SHARE IT AT BOTH HOUSES, I KNOW IT COST ALOT, BUT A 411 INCH BULL DRIED COME ON. THAT BULL NEEDS JUSTICE & SHOWED OFF TO THE PEOPLE
MAYBE EASTMAN CAN HELP WITH FUNDS THE GO ON TOUR WITH THEM, JUST A THOUGHT.........

AWESOME BULL, ONE OF A LIFE TIME:face-icon-small-hap

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
The guys that own Glacier Raft Company in West Glacier hunt on our place a bit and are in the process of working out a plan to get it mounted and put it in there shop. I will try to get down and get some more pictures of it in a week or two. Next time I will do a better job of the taking the pictures and a picture of the score card for you guys. The kid does not hunt much. This is his first elk ever.

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
Pictures of Scott's bull

What happened to the pics?

Forgot all about posting them. If you guys ever get to West Glacier it is in the Glacier Raft Company lodge.

Funny how bulls like this will mess with a guy. I drew a permit again last year for this area and was holding out for something like this fella and ended up taking a dink during the last week....Drew the permit again this year, so hopefully luck is on my side.

Attachments

• bull.jpg
    bull.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 156
  • scotts bull.jpg
    scotts bull.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
Knzee, im gonna kill one like that. Hopefully you do also.

Thanks, I learned my leason last year, not to hold out for the 400 bull. I passed up a lot of decent shooters early on waiting for one like this, normally I would not but I have been damn lucky at drawing permits for some reason.

Premium Features