• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

4 sleds stolen SE SD, (sioux falls)

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
on the morning of November 1st all 4 sleds were stolen out of my locked enclosed trailer. if anybody hears anything i would love to know. im sure the wraps will be removed so that makes them pretty ambiguous but one of them is a turbo outfitted unit and will be recognizable unless they pull the whole thing apart and repaint all the parts i painted inside and out. one was a pro rmk 2 were red dragons the turbo was a black dragon i did the narrow front end conversion on. i dont have much faith in the police finding anything. im hoping 4 mountain sleds pop up on a site like this.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
That is some chit. pardon my asking, but how did they get them out of your trailer? I always hoped that no one would go to the effort of pulling/pushing them outta my shed and into a truck(also assuming if they tried to start them I'd hear it!

Also kinda fishy they knew they were gonna find sleds in your trailer unless you start them frequently. Regardless I'll keep my eyes peeled.

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
they cut the locks on the trailer. and took our car trailer that was parked next to it and loaded them all on that. it seems that they did it all by hand maybe in fear that the noise would draw attention the business next door was running a shift at the time even and on the other side a truck driver was in his sleeper while it all went down over about two and a half hours

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
Also kinda fishy they knew they were gonna find sleds in your trailer unless you start them frequently. Regardless I'll keep my eyes peeled.
thats what we all keep saying too considering our storage shed was just yards away. and yeah i would occasionally rip the turbo across the field

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Send me a PM with the serial numbers and any license information so I can keep an eye out in the Hills. Also be sure local Law Enforcement enters all 4 sleds in the NCIC system so if the VIN or license are run it will show up as stolen anywhere in the US.

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
1450967_10151735192701592_2124382723_n.jpg

27253_105153759512562_4801101_n.jpg

73903_452020141591_8381243_n.jpg

154516_459642796591_8306357_n.jpg

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Sledswap probably too. I sale GGB Cans on EBay, so I will keep an eye out there. Also on Craigslist every morning. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
sounds like we have found a couple of the people involved. going to check out a lead stopped at a light i see the damn truck go through the intersection in front of me and take a pic as fast as i could and sent it out and through sources they confirmed it belonged to a guy who was friends with the guy i was going to check out who suddenly had a couple sleds and now have the guys name too and he tried to sell somebody a 2011 for 500$.... so definitely sounds like my guy haha. hopefully johnny law can do something now that we have done all the work for them

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Dam dude nice detective work! If you ever get the urge to bypass the law, hit me up. I'd be down to go over there at night and steal them back. In fact, I'm surprised you didn't hunker down there with a 12 gauge and call the cops till you drove off with your stuff!

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
if i would have been able to follow him and i seen my stuff he might have had a very bad day haha... unfortunately i wasnt able to follow. but im supposed to be getting the guys address

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
update: recovered. kid got scared and brought them back. also our PD is worthless we did everything for them short of putting the cuffs on this group for them and they wouldnt do anything

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
cant you press charges so they HAVE to do something? this sounds really f'ed up
<mytubeelement data="{"bundle":{"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","sound":"Sound","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_supported_on_your_browser":"No notification style supported on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_supported":"Not Supported","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for_this_site":"Click to enable for this site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null},"prefs":{"desktopNotification":true,"soundNotification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":false,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"hd1080","fshd":true,"onlyNotification":false,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":false,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{"loadBundle":true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
If the SFPD is unwilling to run this case through the court system try contacting the Minnehaha County Sheriffs office. They have jurisdiction county wide. Also try contacting the States Attorney's office. If all three agencies are unwilling to follow through on the case contact the Argus Leader and try to have the story printed. A little pressure from the media can go a long ways especially since the States Attorney and Sheriff are elected officials.

Premium Features