• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3D printed gauge riser for M-Series

R
Dec 23, 2014
Watertown, SD
Here's an idea I had for my M8. As you know, the gauge is completely unusable in the standing position. I designed and printed a riser and I like the way it turned out. The studs install thru extra thick standoffs in the riser, then you center the riser and drill four holes in your hood and install with #10 screws and nuts. You do not reuse the ring on the back of the gauge. The middle of the riser is completely open, you might want to put a screen over that but i'm leaving mine open. I am confident to try this out on my sled next year and if any of you guys would like to try it too. Check out the pictures and ask questions. Its printed in grey PLA. I could print these as prototypes for thirty bucks and ship to you to. This part has zero miles on it, so I can't speak to its durability but perhaps some testers next season could offer feedback and improvements.
20200411_110546.jpg
20200411_111309.jpg
20200411_083523.jpg
Thanks,
Ryan

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Last year our local libraries would print small things like that for like $6 if the print file is given to them. Dont recall the format but we had some small replica houses printed to give as gifts to the students who built the house as part of a shop class.

Premium Features